another newbie from holland

patjeascona

Hi,my name is Patrick,33 years old,from holland!

I am the proud owner of 3 Ascona's

The first one is an 1984 4 door saloon,base 16SH engine

I runs on LPG,so very very cheap to drive,only options are 5 speed gearbox and tinted windows.

Car has practically no rust and has 90.000 km's

i own it from january 2010

GroteFoto-I8GYLGLX.jpg

Second one is an 1983 2 door coach Berlina 16SH  engine automatic

I own it for over 7 years,

it has Ascona jubilee 13" rims and a very rare frontwindow sun filter with ASCONA on it.

GroteFoto-YA6GBITC.jpg

And the 3rd one is an  1983 Ascona J which my father bought,brand new,in 1983

This one is fully restored,car was totally stripped,then body was totally restored,100% no rust and then i rebuild it totally original.

It was a promise i made my dad just before he died in 2003,and if i would ever got married i would use the Ascona as my wedding-car. So in may it's the great day,and the car is almost finished,some small details need some attention,like door locks need a litle adjustment,and the trunk door doesn'n shut the way i like,but i still have three months.

GroteFoto-A8TQAZOI.jpg

• CLUB ADMIN

Hello Patrick,

Great to hear from you, and I hope you consider meeting up with us sometime for an event one day. I too have a car from my mother which I fought hard to keep from being scrapped, even when I was a youngster still too. She died in 1990, I got the car in 2000 and well, 2010 is the year itll be running again!

THese are three lovely Ascona's I really like the period details. The LPG conversion sounds interesting, and the condition of the red one looks really impressive, I'm sure you will get the little bit's and pieces sorted on it in the next three months! Why is that a deadline for you?

In your second picture there is another ascona in the background? What car is this?

Pictures of the red one have me hankering for a standard car to add to the fleet. These look great.  :)

the red one must be finished 20 may,then i am getting married in it,so then it must be perfect!

lpg is perfect,in holland when a car is 25 years old you don't have to pay road-tax anymore.

Normally it would be for a petrol ascona 86 euro in 3 months and for lpg 211 euro in 3 months.

BUT,euro 95 costs 1 euro 50 per Liter and LPG 60 eurocents.

But i don't pay road tax anymore becouse it's 26 years old,it only costs when i drive it ,but i drive 450 km's for 20 euro's!!!!!! Thats all,so its cheaper to drive this ascona than an Alto or Panda ;D

The Car on the 2nd picture behind the berlina 2 door is an 87 GT 1.8S,simmilar to your SRI version,just injection (e18nv engine) but i sold it 2 months ago,it had rust in the trunk,around the shock absorber mounting,and after restoring the red one i was a bit tired for more Ascona repairs! ;) And 3 cars is enough i guess (I also have an Astra G Coupe bertone 2002 but my girlfriend drives it!)