Newbie to MK2 Cav's!

calibra_se8

Glad you rescued it mate. Good luck with whatever you decide. But remember you have one hell of a find there to be honest. A very sought after model. Would make a great restoration project and as somebody said anything is repairable but its up to you how much time and effort and money you want to throw at it. Good luck matey  :)

Are you going to take Gregs crown for taking on a complete basket case?

Thats one proper rotten cav mate, id be buying a clean hatch for a few hundred quid and swapping all the nice bits over

Done enough welding in my time mate, I know frome experience there's no point. Once the car's rotten to a certain point it's never the same again. Re-shell time, I was in contact with a gent about a mint shell but he randomly changed his price so I told him where to go, if you see a decent one though let me know! :o

• SITE MODERATOR

Are you going to take Gregs crown for taking on a complete basket case?

Thats one proper rotten cav mate, id be buying a clean hatch for a few hundred quid and swapping all the nice bits over

lmfao ;D

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• 2 months later...

Just wondering if any update on this one?

I've finally got to see the pics. I read the thread back in August, but at work and the photos were blocked from loading.

I've just done a search to find the thread and OMG, the rot in this one is shocking! Like a scene from the Titanic wreck  :o

My phobia of rust causing me to have an attack again! lol

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the lack of updates, not even had a chance to look at the car, it's stripped out just now and the shell is ready for the scrappy :(

I've been let down with 3 different shells, 2 of which were rotten and the 1 minter I did find the seller bumped his price up at the last second so that fell through as well :(

I've lost all motivation because of this, was really looking forward to getting stuck into it as well.

Looks like I'm going to sell the parts of the car and I might give away the identity of the car to any serious MK2 enthusiast! (I know I'm in the right place :)) I may even sell it as a whole for the right offer, ideally again I would like to see it back on the road.

• 7 months later...

:o  omg  what a shame!!  some1 should had looked after it that 130 just got wasted, gudluk to you pal  hope you get it back on the road..

That could be a bit difficult as the post before yours said that it is now probably DVD player cases in China.