new big car choices??

davedave

im after peoples ideas please.

crashed the subaru legacy outback estate and want to replace it with another big estate car for around £3000

im running about in an old m reg 520 estate at the moment, i had a 525 diesel for a while a few years back and am thinking about a 530d estate but im after different thoughts.

ive had a S6 Audi estate, Scorpio Cosworth estate, Focus estate, 2.5 and 3.0L outback estates, Zafira gsi, but dont want what ive had before i fancy something different.

was looking into a S8 but they only make an estate in Germany and only 2010 models and at £90k...........ill have 2  :o

i want a car for..........

towing a track car and trailer so 2000kg tow load would be nice however 1750kg is enough (i do 800-1000mile round trips)

big for the family trips with suitcases etc (5 of us)

needs to be luxury rather than sporty (or a lux sport)

needs air con

auto would be prefered but manual is ok

needs cruise

and as many toys as possible (like to play and see whats going on)

thoughts so far.......

was thinking about RS6 TO EXPENSIVE

So maybe a S6 estate or just a nice A6?

Mitsibushi rs4v thing but dont know a thing about them.

skyline estate import thing?

merc estate but dont really like them to look at, the only merc's for me apart from old ones is the cls320

A4 estate is too small for us

was looking at possibly getting my mates transit but not sure i can live with that, its a bit crude coming from a lux estate car.

was also thinking about an omega 53 plate or possibly a vectra new shape estate, insignas are to dear.

i dont want a volvo or a jag

any others people can think of?

i once was going to buy a carlton estate and do a LC rep on it, then thought about a carlton herse and use it as my company van

im a locksmith and was going to have a Lotus Carlton kit on it and have DEADLOCKS down the side :P

trouble with this one is that its not an estate ;D

Did i mention that i need 5 seats and might put it on track? :)

Richie you may laugh but my mate had a 7.5 ton and had his race car in the back, kitted out with kitchen and bathroom and went all over the country doing national hotrod racing.

Looked at a shitron C5 estate, went over to the car, opened the door and from then onwards i knew it wasnt for me.

What a pile of shite!! Tinie feel, noisy, rough build quility just simply JUNK.

no wonder they are cheap, you know the french dont make a decent car at all. But proberly make the best road car/van tyres. Michelin. Looking at a 535d now with 370bhp upgrade, they are 280bjp standard! Its out of my price range but might as well look at want i think i really want as if it dont impress then at least ill be happier with a cheaper car.

Yea im random alright, ill agree with that for sure.

Was thinking about a lexus but not really my cup of tea, bit like a discovery, shogun etc. Kind of thought about an avenses but possibly a bit bland. However i didnt even think about a rover. I like the idea of the v8 one they done but not sure if they did an estate version. They are an underated car as well. Had a look at a 300c estate tonight, slightly better build than the c5 but well over priced yank tank. Im looking at another subaru over the weekend but dont really want what ive had before, be nice to try somthing else. Only 3 of them mitsibushi lagum things on autotrader so they are defernatly rare however how reliable are they? Looked on lagum forums and they all seem ok but im thinking that they are rarer than mk2 cavs!! also been thinking about a mazda 6 estate as they seem a good car, was also thinking saab estate but They are not so big. It looks like another subaru but maybe a twin turbo estate rather than an outback this time.

Any A4 is to small for us. Didnt know they did a lexus estate, ill look into them. Mates got a tdci estate mondeo 136 bhp and it goes quite well and its a nice size but not too sure about it pulling 2 ton for 1000mile round trips. Been thinking about st2.2 but to dear. Quite like them though.

how do you mean?

the price??

if thats what you mean then yea a  bit but i cant find what i want for £3k so spent a bit more i know but at least its a big motor.

buying this is the difference in about £30-£400 fuel towing to the ring and back

i wanted something fastish but looking at the way fuel is rising then the vat in less than 3 weeks i thought a bit better of it, although it would be very nice to have a fast big car i do need a car that is cheap to run at the same time, and as money is a bit of an issue i thought id play it safe for now and at least if it all does go wrong id be able to sell this a lot easier and faster than a sporty fast car.

anyways ill always have the turbo cav for a fast car untill the rwd is done  ::) ::)::)