Hiya!

Guest smithy

hiya to everyone in cav land!, my story is that i've always wanted a 130 hatch and now i've got one in met blue and its got c/l e/m and pas which should be useful if i ever manage to m.o.t it !, its a completely standard example with 4 perv owners no history(lost?),130k and even stndard radio casette, it needs alittle bit of welding underneath which shouldn't take to long and one arch which when the funds allow will get done properly and my main aim is to get it as close to factory as poss as soon as i can take some pics i'll get em on, i've had the mount points check and they are spot on, any advice on what else to check would be greatly appreciated! ;D    thanks and keep up the good work!

Guest I_JEREMY
Always worth a good look round the bulk head, more so round the steering rack brackets

hi m8,welcome to the site,gr8 fun  ;D ;D ;D

as dazzy says,check these areas,i'm currently repairing mine on the bulkhead  :? :?

Cheers to everyone for advice, i'm got it on a mates ramp and the main probs seem to be rear where sill meets floor, bulk head looks ok but a little grot just behind front strut tops and front of the floor pans, but as per nom the rear suspenion component mounts are corroded, has anyone had rough quotes on what it costs to sort?, After the poke around i made me mind up this one needs to be done properly so that rules out most of my mates! lol its a classic car that i love driving and want it to be on the road in another 17yrs! also while picking brains whats the car worth? just so i can tel me insurance company as they think about £300max?? :o

Guest zero-defects
also while picking brains whats the car worth? just so i can tel me insurance company as they think about £300max?? :o

If you are going to get it on a classic policy then start at £5K !!  Worth anywhere from £50 to £2K but average prices have been rising from £300 to £800 in the last 2 years.