New guy

Tiff

Just joined the forum,don't have a Mk2 now,but had loads of 'em years ago,started off with an SR hatch,which I painted Pearl Turquoise,and then "tweaked" a little to keep up with SRI's..then on to an early SRi saloon,then a black 130 saloon,then....a brown 1600L hatch...thats what wimmin' do to ya.Worked in a Vauxhall dealer bodyshop back then,when its all we used to work on,so stuff may come back to me after reading all this stuff! Surprised to see a pic of a Commander on here,thought they had all rotted away....after the shells spending months up to their doors in water....

When the bodyshop closed down,you guys would greet at all the "hard to find" stuff that ended up in the skip! The warranty cupboard was my favorite place,pinching all the stuff off the "new" MK3's to put on my cars...

Not had a Vauxhall since then,now have an Alfa 146,Lancia Dedra,Fiat X1/9 (2 of)(all these are more rustproof than MK2's!!!) and a 1972 Dodge Challenger....oh,and a Volvo,but we won't mention any more about that.

Mind you, if there are any nice 130 hatches left,in black,I may be tempted......

Hi mate. Nice to see another Scot on the forum.

That Dodge Challenger sounds interesting!  ;D Get some pics up.

Jason W is selling.... a nice 130 hatch in black should you be interested  8)

Stupid question time: I spoke to someone in June 03 at the Livingston McDonalds who had a mate selling a Champagne coloured 130 on a private plate. Said his name was Tiff. Wasnt you was it?

Guest Chalkey

OMG..... [smiley=wow.gif]

There is a certain look that an american muscle car has that no one else has been able to copy...that and the noise of the engine......:::::::drool:::::::

yup, I 'll dig out some MK2 pics.That 130 is still in Nobles,but won't be for much longer......Dougie,that Tiff wasn't me,must be a young pretender...lol..

Challenger.318ci 5200cc..265BHP,365lb/ft torque@2450RPM....

Old D100 pickup 400ci 6600cc  395BHP  450lb/ft@ 2250RPm......8MPG. 13.8 sec quarter on 7 cylinders....

I've moved on a little since my Mk2 days...I remember we all had 'em at one point,there was 3 of us flying down the A92,me in my silver saloon 1800,a mate in an ice blue 1800 hatch,and another mate in a red 1800 saloon,none of us under 120.....when mate #1 ran out of petrol,and shot a 10ft flame out the exhaust!!!!  

I still remember being amazed that they had 195/60/14 tyres STANDARD!!!! Big boots!!!   Feck,I'm getting old.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Whats Maxpower???  :'(   is that the teenie ricer magazine??

new engine is being dismantled,cleaned up,and painted blue,in readiness for a rather lumpy cam,new lifters,and some serious compression raising,before being topped off with 650 CFM four barrel Holley carb,and garnished with a pair of chrome rocker covers,and a chrome filter.all exiting through a twin,(and I mean twin) 3 inch exhaust

P.S if you see me on the road,get outta my way.I can go fast,but I can't stop!!! [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

I'm running drums, on all 4 wheels!