wanna mk2 newbie

Guest tubycavy

Guest tubycavy

hi peps my names jayne i own cav mk3 turbo but would like mk2 convertable for summer just gonna be viewin askin advice on them i had a mk2 sri ages ago dont worry tho wont be slamin turbo engine init when i get 1 also like mk1 coupe was watchin 1 on ebay it was brown lovely  not sure witch colour is better red or white so advice wanted needed nd respected thanx ps love all cavs v6s gsi sri130 etc

Guest Chalkey

hi and welcome ot the site...

Cabbys don't suffer any worse that any other Mk2's, the only thing to do is try and get as straight a car as possible.

Roof frames suffer a bit, make sure that all the frame is in good nick, especially just behind the side windows there is a piece of frame that seperates, it can be rewelded but it's a little difficult.

check the rear innner arches for rust, especially where the rear strut brace is welded to the rear inner arches.

Check the hood for tears and leaks, a new hood can cost a few hundred pounds, also check to see if the frame has the hutchinson mod, this helped reduce the risk of water dripping on you when you open the door.

Good cabbys are going cheap at this time of year, shove a XE in it and you will have a proper flying machine for peanuts  ;D

Guest tubycavy

hi ive bin lookin on ebay tonight theres 2 red 1s both are way down south but no white 1s hubbie is saying no at mo but a bit of wife nagging does wonders for mens brains sorry blokes dont mean all men just mine  :-*

hi ive bin lookin on ebay tonight theres 2 red 1s both are way down south but no white 1s hubbie is saying no at mo but a bit of wife nagging does wonders for mens brains sorry blokes dont mean all men just mine  :-*

Wife doing the nagging, on wanting a car ? whats going on there?

Hi and welcome

Guest cavysofttop

hi there got acabby and a dream to own depending on what you want if its an early model it will be painterd black around winscreen alot of cavy saloon body panels fit ie boot rear arch  hope you get a good one cheers chris