Hello, newbie here.

Guest SimonP

Not sure who I know from here....maybe some of you. Post usually on MIG and Cavweb.

Anyway, I don't drive a MK2 Cavy, but I'm gradually building one with my best mate who owns this beast.

Car was boogo when he got given it. Over the 2 years James and myself transformed from a 1.6L to this. We got a Calibre that was in a right state and used it for spares. Tragic you might say, but this A reg was in far better condtion.

We fitted all the kit etc. Wheels were bought for peanuts.

We got an accident damaged SRi130 and put the engine into his MK2. That was then. We're gonna fit an LET + F28 during the summer. Then it's due for a blow over and should be a right cracker when finished.

Really enjoyed building this thing. Looks wicked.

Came on here mainly to ask about F28 fitment on the MK2...so you'll see some posts appear in technical shortly.

James1.jpg

James2.jpg

James5.jpg

James3.jpg

These wheels he got for £100 and were not the best when he got them. Now they have anthracite centres and diamond cut rims...look lovely and suit the car. Being redone again with a slightly darker centre at the moment, so should look lovely soon.

James4.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated.

No, this isn't my car. I drive a MK3 Astra Cabrio V6....yeah, from MIG.

This is my best mate's car. BTW, he's read the thread and asked me to tell you how chuffed he is for the nice comments.

Hahaha!! LOL, yeah, that makes perfect sence. I rammed it into a lamp post before it eventually was picked up by a grabber and hurled into the corner like a rag doll.

Say 'hi' to Gaz for me.

Thanks.

Hahaha!! LOL, yeah, that makes perfect sence. I rammed it into a lamp post before it eventually was picked up by a grabber and hurled into the corner like a rag doll.

Say 'hi' to Gaz for me.

Thanks.

ahhhhh you killed the spitfire,that was it nick name because of the noise the wheel bearing made