hi

Guest bigtoe32000

Guest bigtoe32000

Hi iv just got a mk2 cav calibre with a 16v turbo engine in it wow these things fly  ;D. all i need now is a working airflow meter can u still get these brand new from vauxhall ? or maybe sum one could help find a good second hand 1. Thanks  and i will post sum pics soon of the flying beast  

Guest bigtoe32000

cheers i will post a wanted ad now cuz shes running like a bag of poo at the mo  :'(. and dont get me wrong  this car needs a lot more work 2 make a show stoper so things under the bonnet arnt what u call tidy but she soon will be i hope . so thanks once again for the good welcome and i will get the pics up today sumtime

Guest Chalkey

hey welcome to the club.

LET'd Mk2's aren't the most common car in the world, let alone a Calibre.

you will have to get some piccys for us to drool over  ;)

Guest zero-defects
Hi iv just got a mk2 cav calibre with a 16v turbo engine in it wow these things fly  ;D. all i need now is a working airflow meter can u still get these brand new from vauxhall ? or maybe sum one could help find a good second hand 1. Thanks  and i will post sum pics soon of the flying beast  

Was that the one in Cheshire / Wirral that was on Mig web ?  If it was I think the water inlet to the turbo was disconnected if I remember the picture on mig web.  Which means the turbo will last about 5 minutes.  

Guest bigtoe32000

yeah this car is from the wirral and the warter inlet for the tubo was off for some reson when i picked the car up. but has since been reconected and seems to be working ok but im getting a new hybrid turbo soon . i have now took the car off the road for some major restoration.

Sounds just like the one a lad up the road from me (in Chester) owned and probably is. He fitted a few extras to it including an evo rear spoiler and a front splitter to it amongst other bits if it is the same one.

Very tasty motor, he had it a while but I recall he upset a few locals coz he was always driving at stupid speeds round the local streets when the kids were out playing >: and the sound of the dump valve drove even hardened petrol heads like myself round the bend :)

Fair play though, a lovely looking car (even though I owned a standard one before him ;D :Ha :Ha :Ha :Ha).

Guest bigtoe32000

This is the one from chester but the lad blew the motor up no wonder drivein like a loon >:. anyway the person that put the engine in the first place got it back and rebulit the motor then took the evo thing off the boot and put the standard one back on then it sat outside his house for months and thats when lucky old me got it now its in for sum body resto so hopefully it will be on the road near u soon  ;D

Nice one, I`ll have to come and have a look at it when you`ve done it. When the lad up the road from me had it he spent every waking hour putting different bits on it-some good some bl**dy awful.

He did say why he sold it but I had forgotten. He`s then bought a 740 BMW, a right old shed of a thing and now can`t sell it to save his life. I`ve offered him a load of cheap cars but he`s so fussy it`s unreal. He`s running around in some old car which is crippling him in insurance and juice, I offered him a `K` reg MK3 2.0 with long MOT for £160 (and it`s a bloody good car for that as well) and he moaned because someone told him it "would want brake pads in the next 6 months!" I ain`t kidding.

I`ve given up with him now, he`s a nice enough lad but wouldn`t know a good deal if it kicked him in the knackers ;D

Guest zero-defects

but has since been reconected and seems to be working ok but im getting a new hybrid turbo soon .  

email :

frank.crowther@honeywell.com

tell him mark jackson sent you

that'll piss him off !!!

He is a product engineer for Garrett - Alias Honey Engine Boosting systems.  

Also - Talk to bonehead.  His mate runs a 375 BHP cav mk3 turbo as a daily driver - look on members list.