the new feller

Guest Blah_Blah

Guest Blah_Blah

howdy folks. New guy here. just came from cavweb. got a whole load of questions that i could use your help answering. Ive just bought a MK2 SRi 130 and the shell is absolutely goosed. The chassis legs are gone, all the arches are rusted to hell but the engine, box and interior is mint. What do you reckon i should do, HELP. Oh by the way it is a red saloon on an E plate with 130,000 on the clock plus its been in a garage for over 3 years.

Hi mate, welcome.  :)

Shame to hear the shell is rotten. Chassis legs are repairable though, there's many cars on here which have been brought 'back from the brink' You could always reshell the car into a lesser model though.

Check out some threads in the projects section for inspiration.

Guest zero-defects
Hi mate, welcome.  :)

Shame to hear the shell is rotten. Chassis legs are repairable though, there's many cars on here which have been brought 'back from the brink' You could always reshell the car into a lesser model though.

Check out some threads in the projects section for inspiration.

1.6 L's seem to be very cheap, and early belguim built one's seem to be made with better steel.  

• CLUB ADMIN

1.6 L's seem to be very cheap, and early belguim built one's seem to be made with better steel.  

Yup thats a well substantiated theory, which i think i coined about 3 years ago on teh first forum, then someone esle said it, then someone else, funny how things become well known after a fashion!

Personally id like to see some pics, becuase it might not look as bad as it sounds, and definetly get a second opinion If your doubting anything at all.

Guest Chalkey

I have said this for years and is the main reason why i mainly buy belgium cars, not only were they better steel, but i think they were better screwed together, less squeaks and rattles.

Guest BooBOO

I worked for vauxhall in the 80s and 90s. The main reason the Belguim ones are better is they had paint on them when they arrived and the build was 100% better. :D