New Vectra sri

Cavtastic

Been looking at the new vectra sri 1.9 or 2.2. Keeping the old MK2 Cav for special days. Anyone got one or knows how good they are compared to the mondeo (sorry) but it is a really good car shame it's a ford. Info and views would be welcome ;)

Hi casper nice to here from you again. Possibly only got a budget of £17000 and wife say's a few cars have to go. Corsair and possibly the MK3 SRi which has not seen daylight since 96, but we are working on that one :'(

Probably call her bluff! and stall! for a couple of years until she forgets

Anyone got one or knows how good they are compared to the mondeo (sorry) but it is a really good car shame it's a ford. Info and views would be welcome ;)

Allegedly the F*** is a better set up car and is more responsive.

The Vectra is a better cruiser however. :)

Keep in straight lines and it will be fine.

• CLUB ADMIN

we drove the vxr vectra and its the fastest ive ever been on *cough* "test track" ever.

the car is fantastic for what it is, feels supple too - feels as energetic as the VXR Astra does too, but then again people hated on them too. Personally if you can do the MPG id still recomend them, think of it more like a futuristic omega with all the toys and more power tahn , well anything else on the roads for the money....

I have a 2005 Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi 150PS with the optional 19" alloys and I'm really pleased with it. I find it handles great. I have driven several Vectra VXR's which are certainly quick, but on balance the SRi is far better to live with. I average between 45 and 50 mpg and it's got all the torque you'll ever need really.