Hi

pbs

Just came across this site whilst looking for pictures of mk2 Sri's as I used to own one in the early 90s.

My car was one of the first Sri's been registered 1983 on a Y plate and was a hatch back in Aqua Marine blue, purchased November 1990 with 72k on the clock. I owned the car for just over 4 years in which time I put 120k on the clock. The car gave little trouble until 150k when the head gasket went then the bottom end, gearbox,ball joints,fuel pipes and other bits and bobs! I could probably write a book on Cavalier problems but in defence of the car it was 12 years old at the time and had been thrashed to with in an inch of its life when I had it and has proved more reliable than the car that replaced it a 3 year old Pug 106 Xsi with 25k on the clock!

The car saw some action, love the folding seats ;D and I would love to own another one but doubt that the wife would let me have anymore projects but if I came across my old car I would buy it in a flash but  I expect that it has been scrapped as it was needing welding for each Mot towards the end of my ownership.

If anyone does come across it it was last seen in Troon Ayrshire and the Reg number was LUS929Y.

Bruce

Date of Liability  31 01 1995

Date of First Registration 14 01 1983

Year of Manufacture 1983

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1796CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour BLUE

Vehicle Type Approval null

Not looking good mate not taxed since 1995 so looks like its been scraped or off the road so long it will be in a bad way :(

• 4 weeks later...

hi pb why dont you try and register the car in your name again. get the v5  docs sent or put a fake name on it with your own address you should get the prev owners address on the docs .then send back the docs to the dvla and say you dont know the persons name on the docs thats what i would do .go to the post office to get the v5 application form when you sign it put someday elses signature on it . you will be okay you never know might be still in the owners garage or driveway let me know how you get on my names mal

havint got a bad thing to say about coppers .they saved my live when i got stabbed .when i saved somedays live  out side a pub when i was driving past a s....t hole called westburn .saw a relative getting attacked buy ten people .stopped my car pulled out my wheel brace then i  attacked a thug .then i turned around someday comming towards me punched him with my thist. pinned him down on the ground then a sh..t bag stabbing me .from behind the head and back what are the called back stabber cu..t couldint face me doing it to my face .i keapt fighting till they ran away .iam glad my car was okay got into the car went back up the road with my relative to my house then my body shut down out side my door  then i went into a coma i woke up an hour later in hairmyers hospital in eastkilbride .all iam saying i just like to thank the police and the ambalance crew nurses and docters  for saving my life i would off been dead  now. they asked me to press charges i said no. i would rather sort it out my self i know the two that stabbed me they better watch there back for the reat off there lives. the two i attacked where going to press charges against me can you beleave that all i have got to say to people if your ever in that situation keep fighting never give up if a group of sh....t bags attack you or your pride and joy like your vauxhall cavalier mk2. or an innocent night out or harassing you and your family  all the best people keep up the good work on your cavmk2s wish i had one had one years ago loved it