Volvo 940 turbo (played with )

Astra with c20xe

Transit van

Combo van

Audi s4 2.2

Audi A6 1.9 sport

Omega 3.2elite

Cavalier 2.0 & v6

All ok but now I'm looking at an Audi s8.

Question is has anybody towed with an A8 or S8?

really don't want derv

would rather pay a bit more in fuel for a luxury cruise and less repair bills

a mate just had to pay £1100 to have his high pressure pump repaired and that had done 85k miles!

it will be used about 10 times a year MAX for towing but id love something big and cruisey.looked at 4x4 but na ive had a muso sangyung (was good but SLOOOOOWWWWW) and a range rover 4.2 petrol and that was clumsy and not my thing.

the Volvo was about my favourite tow car but they are a bit too old now, the newer ones are fwd, and big 4x4 ones are out of my budget. approx. £2000

RWD Volvo 940, 2.0 turbo but auto, played with from 165 to 200bhp

The subaru was a legacy Paul. I Had a 2.5L 4 cylinder and a 3.0L 6 cylinder.

Nice workhorse but not so silky smooth as I'm after nowadays.

The H6 is about 240bhp powerfull, torquy but on airbag suspension it was a bit wolloy.

• SITE MODERATOR

Dave, get a 5.7l LS1 powered monaro.......perfect, any gear any time anywhere 8)

Even better, get a ute :D

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR

VXR8 more room to take the kids  ;)

Nope, title says tow car not family tow car :P

Its got to be a ute.  There was a V6 one knocking about for reasonable money, LPG'd as well.  Not quite the V8 sound track but loads of usesable loading space.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

Never going to see change out of £2000 fuel full up on that truck let alone purchase price. Lol

Ute and monaro to expensive.

So far it Still looks like a £2k Audi S8.

Bit of power, 340bhp but 1800kgs

4x4 so plenty of traction.

Good Family car is a bonus but not a necessity.

20ish mpg (same as a diesel doing about 35mpg if you take in wear and Tare, service costings and more expensive fuel).

Dave ive a 04 plate Ssangyong Rexton 290, same engine as the musso, slow but will pull 3.5t great to drive 28mpg and if ye want to will run on straight veg oil, i pull me 1900kg hobby 650 with it does the job perfect, leather climate control all that lark, you can pick them up quite reasonable now, would recommend one to anyone, not the later 2.7 thou to many electrical gremilins, 2.9 7 seat veg bus allday  ;)