VBOA Show Sywell 2023 21 to 23 July Chat thread

GreyDJ2

• CLUB REP

Maybe Greg. I am bringing the Club's new 10 foot square with 4 closed side option gazebo (for the drizzle on Saturday :( ). That together with the Club sign and boundary rope posts doesn't leave much room in even a hatch. Plus its pushing it for space at home as I am trying to do a clear out, also they really should be not all in the same place.

If you can't take it we need another volunteer.

• SITE MODERATOR
16 hours ago, GreyDJ2 said:

Maybe Greg. I am bringing the Club's new 10 foot square with 4 closed side option gazebo (for the drizzle on Saturday :( ). That together with the Club sign and boundary rope posts doesn't leave much room in even a hatch. Plus its pushing it for space at home as I am trying to do a clear out, also they really should be not all in the same place.

If you can't take it we need another volunteer.

I have assumed I can fit it lol.....if not its coming down when I leave.  If my tent water proofing doesn't work that could be early 🤣

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

I was the last one on stand in my Saab lol 

Hopefully Lefty will be here next year if you’re still allowing MK3’s on  🤞 Current state in last pics, always a work in progress lol 

IMG_3416.jpeg

IMG_3469.jpeg

IMG_3470.jpeg

IMG_3471.jpeg

Edited by Lefty
  • Like 3

• SITE MODERATOR

Good to see you all, shame my tent flooded and got everything wet so left Saturday evening.....its all hanging round the house.....likely chucking tent away.  The relentless rain knackered it.  @GreyDJ2 there was some talk amongst us of asking to move the show to August to try to get a better chance of better whether.....thoughts or its it a non starter?

Think my boys enjoyed it despite the washout.

LX didn't miss a beat at least.  Will get some pics up.

• Like 1

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• CLUB REP

I will ask but I doubt that it will be moved as it has always been in July, on a non British GP weekend whenever possible, to fit in with Sywell availability.

Bear in mind that we have had pretty much dry weather for the past 6 years and that this was probably the worst weather since the flood at Billing. Before the next show the Club plans to upgrade its community protection, eg gazebos, to give better cover from wind, rain and sun.

Also, just watch the weather forecasts, the jetstream is in an unusual position for this time of year.

• Like 1

• SITE MODERATOR

PXL_20230722_143513015.jpg

PXL_20230722_143504365.jpg

PXL_20230722_143500648.MP.jpg

PXL_20230722_162743996.jpg

PXL_20230722_162729954.jpg

PXL_20230722_162439533.jpg

PXL_20230722_162330916.jpg

PXL_20230722_153553661.jpg

PXL_20230722_070250148.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • CLUB REP

Mixed and for the first time we were time limited.

Much of that time was spent in a discussion on repercussions of an incident that happened on Saturday night in the bar hanger at this years show that I can't talk about in public.

The likely dates of next years show are known and expected to be confirmed and announced, along with prices, in the next week or so.

All clubs are being told to put forward 2 member volunteers with a 2 hour slot each to help running the show, on the gate, litter picking etc, to allow VBOA show team members a bit of rest.

The dates of the show are limited due to the popularity of Sywell, the impact of the weather potentially hitting any weekend. Lighting is a problem as with generators creating noise people affected just hit the 'stop' button, hopefully we get solar/battery quiet ones next year. Toilets and rubbish (the skips especially) are a learning curve!

• Like 1