MK2 Cavalier's

Cavtastic

Hi to every CAVALIER mk2 fan. My name is andy and I am 43. I have MK2 saloon lx. My dad had it from 3 months old. In 2001 he died, but left the car to me. The car has only 80,000 miles on the clock and has never been welded! the rear arches are immaculate and it is finished in Nordic blue.

The MK2 cav has to be the car of the decade, in it's class it murdered the opposion's products in every way. I am joining the club as I have just found it on the internet.

I also have a MK1 1980 Cavalier sports hatch, and a 92 MK3 SRi  which I have had from new. I have contacted various car mags to see if they want to do an article on the Cavalier from MK1 to the MK3 but none are really interested. Shame really!  

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it would be a nice idea to do this and i am quite willing to bring them along. The trouble is I can only drive one of them. I could bring the MK1 2000GLS sports hatch and a manta mate could bring the MK3 SRi. looking at the club cars there really are some lovely MK2 cav's which belong to the members so we should have no problem with this mark of Cavalier. I think we should start pestering the car mag's "sporty ones" and the "practical classic" type and get the range the cavalier the coverage it deserves.

• 2 weeks later...