Hi there!

Hi folks

I've owned a MK2 for 15 years now. I learned to drive in it and never did have the courage- or need to let it go! I have a 1982 1.6GLS auto (hatchback) Up until now I never really thought there would be a club or web site, but as parts are now getting hard to find for the old devil I thought I'd do a search and up this place came!

I hope to chat to you all, have fun, and most of all be able to swap stories/info about our robust lil cars :)

See you around the board

Dawn  

Thanks! I'm afraid my little car is a little scruffy compared to some of your vehicles, though! I've tried to keep it right, but garages just laugh at me when I take it these days  :'(

Hopefully you guys can give me some good advice on how to keep the old boy in better shape :)  

I just joined ( I hope) using the online paypal method : )  I'm sure they will tell me if I've goofed  :Ha  Knowing me, it wouldn't be suprising hehehe ;)

Yep got ya form, and paypal is completed. Membership pack will be in the post next week, and am sure Andy will move you upto membership status for the forum's ;)

Thanks! You don't know how good it is to know there are others out there who like this old workhorse as much as I do!

The car introduced me to driving, and even though I try and reserve its use now (for its own good), I really needed to find people who understood my obsession with such a 'classic.' And, who could help me, being a gal to keep it running :)

You guys have been so welcoming I know I've found the right place!

Dawn :)

Guest zero-defects
Thanks! I'm afraid my little car is a little scruffy compared to some of your vehicles, though! I've tried to keep it right, but garages just laugh at me when I take it these days  :'(

Hopefully you guys can give me some good advice on how to keep the old boy in better shape :)  

1) Nothing wrong with scruffy!  

2) Better to be road worthy and reliable than tidy AND BROKE .

3) Most mechanics refer to it as a 'S H I T T E R'  ?  Try to persuade you that a service is worth more than the car ?

If you convince yourself the car is worth say £5k, it gives you a whole new perspective on life.  Not a problem spending £250 on rear arches anymore ?

My Sri cost £40.  I've spent £600 plus on it in a year and done 16,000 miles.  I could have done the repairs myself and spent £200 but I'm a bit too lazy and I need it for work, plus I've made £400 plus in business travel expences.  

If you convince yourself the car is worth say £5k, it gives you a whole new perspective on life.

LOL! Over the 15 years I've owned this car I think I've spent over that on it!  :Ha I never take notice of people who tell me its not worth fixing. I just get angry when the WON'T fix it *sighs*

LOL! Over the 15 years I've owned this car I think I've spent over that on it!  :Ha I never take notice of people who tell me its not worth fixing. I just get angry when the WON'T fix it *sighs*

Well if it makes you feel any better, I have maybe spent far to much on my lady over the last 12 years. Most people that tell me mines to old and past it, normally get blown away :Ha

Guest zero-defects
not rocking the boat or owt but seem to be more helpfull and friendly on here than on the mk1oc

Is the mk1oc all astra GTE's or are shopping cars  allowed?  Might be that ?  

Guest zero-defects
I have to agree with Daz there we get by welcome to the club dawn

Hey mr j this is one mechanic that wont call a mk2 a sh*tter well unless its mine  :Ha

I tried to get a couple of bodyshops to quote for rear arches and one said we don't do RUST, we only do crash, the other said It's not worth quoting cause it'll be more than the cars worth.    

The nicest mechanics have been the RAC, we an OH GREAT a proper car.  (Mind you the air in take pipe had come off the AFM so the fix was like 12 seconds)