Coming back to the MK2 fold ( WITH PICTURES)

Galahad

thats a fair whack its had, did he say what happened to it? how was the wind noise through the passenger door on the way back?

Uninsured driver hit him.  Tracking is slightly out, wind noise isn't too bad, and the damage to the pillar behind the door isn't too bad, can be beaten back into shape, replace the door when I can find one (anyone?), got a wing on order but just realised this Cavalier doesn't have wing indicators, so if the wing that turns up has the hole for one, i'll have to copy it on the other side!

Not happy with the brake servo design, will look to convert that in future, brake effectiveness is lost because of that stupid linkage design.

Apart from the passenger side ding, the bodywork looks in pretty good nick and the interior looks quite tidy; I guess  any mechanics can be sorted if you know how.  Look forward to seeing this thread... ;D

Katherine

I've built the following in the past:

Astra MK3 2.0 Turbo

Astra MK3 2.5 V6

Astra MK3 3.0 V6 with F20 box

Should be able to cope with an old MK2 Cavalier....... he says! ;)

where did you order the wing? i ordered some last year for mine and luckly turned up without the indicator holes, dont know if they all turn up like that or not

thats a nice collection of Astras you built there, were they the same astra or 3 different ones?

The Turbo I did for a friend, converted her 1.6 16v to Turbo.

The 2.5 V6 was my Astra, managed to trash the engine on that and sourced a 3.0 Omega engine and chucked that in there.  Sold it last week and its now up in sunny Gloucester :(

Ordered it off Ebay, Vincent Motors or something like that.

hi mate you said the engines a bit rattley .take the sump off theres probaly conjealed oil in the sump and pick up pipes. give it a good clean with parrifin .if your wanting to use the car when its fixed up. then put your new engine got a bargain there 99 pounds cheap

• CLUB MEMBER

got a wing on order but just realised this Cavalier doesn't have wing indicators, so if the wing that turns up has the hole for one, i'll have to copy it on the other side!

As far as i know, all mk2 cav wings when new, do not have the indicator hole drilled, that is left up to the buyer/fitter to drill    ;)

Welcome to the happy mk2 cav family  8)

The saviour of mk2 cavs & ascona's

Didnt realise that you had bought one recently when I pmd you about shifting that 130 the other night Phil!

Nice little buy there!

Yup, proper happy.

And, looks like my quest to get it updated are going to come along a little quicker, someone has a 2.0 CDi they are banger racing and i've got first dibs on all the cool stuff, so this 'basic' old Cav might just do quite well out of it :)

i've got some plans to make it an SRi lookalike, thinking of Orange main paint with the standard SRi Anthracite on the lower parts.

Yup, keen to get it sorted ASAP.

only problem is, for me to have all those parts, ive got to give up the engine and box from the Cavalier, and although I have a V6 engine lying around for it, I haven't got a suitable box for it, and it means unless I devote total time to it, its weeks before I can finish it!

I bought it to drive it! :(

• 1 month later...