chris-cav

Guest chris m

Looks nice and clean mate. welcome to the site, your in the right place with a mk2 for all the help, advice, bits and as much banter as you can take :)

Ive had it for about two years, one of the boot hinges has snapped and the roof is ripped all the way along the back, so is now in storage untill i have time to get her back on the road.it appeares to have the original springs and shocks are they normally thats high off the floor?

i have the original wheels at work, i sand blasted them a while ago just havent had time to paint them.

Are new roofs available anywhere? or does anyone know if anyone makes them and prices.

im sure i found a reciept in with my service history that said mine had a roof in 2006 so must still be available . i will try and dig it out so you can ring and see .

Guest chris m

hoods are still available from more than one outfit, all though no where springs to mind at the moment. will post up when i can, an address for a replacement :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

HI. i havent been on here in years, have been spending all my time running my business and not had time to play, my cab has been in dry storage for ages,

it started almost first time, but engine is nocking and gearbox is very stiff,

was thinking of a slighly different ebgine swap, ive dun xe and lets in lots of stuff over the years,

im thinking of a 1700 td from a cabalier, prob just as quick as the 18i, and good on fuel.