road trip

smc

i've just bought a sri 130  in southampton and intend driving it home to co.antrim via stranraer. if i leave southampton at 15.00 would it be possible to get to the m42 junction 9 ,leading to the m6 toll at 17.30. or will rush hour slow me down considerably. i'm travelling on the  m3 ,a34,m40 from southampton

we left whitstable in kent at 7 pm sat eve drove to romford to see a friend left there at around 9 / 930 drove a constant 70 /80 with only a few stops for food and to check oil water etc landed at stranraer at 6 am sun morn then no boat out till afternoon so headed to cairnryan got the 6 30  boat that was with f u ck all  traffic and from getting off the motor way heading to stranraer my uncle slept so i got booting her on 120mph and over... :Ha if i was u id allow a little extra time

we left whitstable in kent at 7 pm sat eve drove to romford to see a friend left there at around 9 / 930 drove a constant 70 /80 with only a few stops for food and to check oil water etc landed at stranraer at 6 am sun morn then no boat out till afternoon so headed to cairnryan got the 6 30  boat that was with f u ck all  traffic and from getting off the motor way heading to stranraer my uncle slept so i got booting her on 120mph and over... :Ha if i was u id allow a little extra time

This is the one I was telling u about in IM jimbob, time niceirishguy bought his black 130 hatch :o

Guest zero-defects

I do quite a bit of driving with work and work on the average of 55 mph for motorway / dual carriage way.

Never usually late but sometimes early.  

So how far is Southampton to Stranrar ? 550 miles ? 10 hours I'd allow.  plus 2 for stops

Guest zero-defects
the M6 is now spex'd up guys, so they are watching your average speed.

It's actually made the road so dangerous now as everyone bunches up no end, where it used to flow.

The alternative route from midlands to merseyside,chester and northwales  is M54 to A41 .  A41 to Whitchurch, A41 to Chester, M53 to Liverpool (or A55 to Northwales).  

From East Midlands, Come across the A50 from M1 cross the M6 and head for Whitchurch to meet A41.

It's a very fast road if traffic is light, most villages have been bypassed and not much in the journey times before Silly Cameras on M6.  Will be faster now.  Also alot more fun.  

Guest zero-defects
A55 nice scenic route through the hills u can boot on allright on that road ;)

Whilst watching out for the HIDDEN SPEED CAMERA SAFETY PARTNERSHIP REVENUE RAISING VANS.  

After work I'm going up to Anglesea tonight with the kids and leaving them with my Parents whilst I drive back to work in the Morning (Only 90 miles to work tomorrow)

hi casper, what the m6 like. is it as simple as it suggests as a straight 200 mile drive. 3 hrs. i hope to start this part around 17.30

I left Rugby last tuesday morningh ( south east of birmingham ) and got to carlisle in 2 hrs 45, not exceeding the speed limit  ( kids in the car ) straight up the M6 NP.

• 4 weeks later...