Newbie on site

bigboynigs

Hi guys

My names Dave and i'm from Hampshire. I currently drive a 2006 Vectra C and have been looking for a MK2 cabriolet to mess around with. No such luck yet as all the ones i've seen online are too far away, or require too much work  :(

My first ever car was a China Blue 1.3L Saloon on a Y.  :D

Recently been feeling nostalgic and always wanted a cabriolet hence my reason for joining this fine looking club and hopefully owning a MK2 (again) in the not too distant future.  ;D

Dave

• SITE MODERATOR

Hello Dave, welcome aboard.  So where in Hampshire are you then?

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

Is Derby too far?

cav8.jpg

Only been wet twice in five years, not been outside for over two, sat in a dry garage for at least the last two and a half? (Red tax disc although it is a recent picture).

South coast car originally. Spoilt for many recent years. Regularly serviced. SORNed at present. Needs MoT to go, thats about the situation at present. Requires no work at all.

17" evos alloys with Goodyear Eagles, calibra leather interior, alloy strut brace, immobiliser with only one key and recent locks. Body coloured mirrors and windscreen surround, late model grille. Anthracite bumpers etc. Standard 1800e engine/transmission, manual.

Jvc stereo/speakers with mp3 etc, larger 16v front Calipers and discs, newish hella headlamps, indicators and hella fogs (Lotus), 40mm lowered, power steering, electric boot release, perfect hood cover.

Later spec skirts, spoiler and rear lights, digidash, unblemished mohair roof and black headliner. Excellent bodywork.

Corsa C stalks, Mk3 Cav steering wheel, spare full set of glass and some additional spares too.

This is hurting........... :( and dare I say it. Not the usual crap that is around.

Is Derby too far?

cav8.jpg

Only been wet twice in five years, not been outside for over two, sat in a dry garage for at least the last two and a half? (Red tax disc although it is a recent picture).

South coast car originally. Spoilt for many recent years. Regularly serviced. SORNed at present. Needs MoT to go, thats about the situation at present. Requires no work at all.

17" evos alloys with Goodyear Eagles, calibra leather interior, alloy strut brace, immobiliser with only one key and recent locks. Body coloured mirrors and windscreen surround, late model grille. Anthracite bumpers etc. Standard 1800e engine/transmission, manual.

Jvc stereo/speakers with mp3 etc, larger 16v front Calipers and discs, newish hella headlamps, indicators and hella fogs (Lotus), 40mm lowered, power steering, electric boot release, perfect hood cover.

Later spec skirts, spoiler and rear lights, digidash, unblemished mohair roof and black headliner. Excellent bodywork.

Corsa C stalks, Mk3 Cav steering wheel, spare full set of glass and some additional spares too.

This is hurting........... :( and dare I say it. Not the usual crap that is around.

sounds like a nice motor, unfortunately just over 320 mile round trip so little bit too far :(

• SITE MODERATOR

I'm an Aldershot boy born and bred!!

I was bought up in Yateley round the corner.....small world.  Now near Wokingham so not far.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

Its never too far for the right car mate. Welcome to the site  :)

Agreed! Did a 500 mile round trip to collect my current one,driving an iveco tipper and towing a trailer!  :D Welcome to the club by the way  :)