hi just bought sri hatch!

parky1970

hi just bought red sri hatch and so far so good!! its very tidy not too much to do has a leak from sump gasket :(.

i had a polar white saloon sri back in 1988 she was on an 84 A i was 18!! wish i still had it! but this one seems okay so far. still got original radio and looks like its been kept standard. I will try put pics on.

the sump looks a bit scabby i would like to take it off and repaint is this a difcuilt job?

any comments or advise would be great!the wife thinks ive got mid life crisis and calls it a chav alier!! ha ha

• SITE MODERATOR

Welcome to the club.  You seem to have selected the best colour and shape 8)  Get those pics to Matt please and lets have a look :angel:

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

thanks matt! i am keeping it standard! just a couple of bits needed like the bolster re done as worn! and i need a new mirror switch but thats about it!i have had a few probs with sump leaking whitch i posted on the technical link . in the end the sump was rusted through and i got a new one coming in the week so she will be on the road then! :D

thanks matt! i am keeping it standard! just a couple of bits needed like the bolster re done as worn! and i need a new mirror switch but thats about it!i have had a few probs with sump leaking whitch i posted on the technical link . in the end the sump was rusted through and i got a new one coming in the week so she will be on the road then! :D

I have a mirror switch if your interested. Fiver posted sound ok? Let me know  ;)

thanks everyone for your nice comments! if anyone wants me to take some more pics let me know and i will take some next week and ask matt if he will put them on for me! :D

No problem mate, just send them through and I'll post them up  ;)

yes please matt ! has it got the heated mirror light?

Yeah I've got one of what you need in the loft, I'm sure. PM me your address to send it to. My Paypal address is mattorme@live.co.uk  :)

:D thanks matt! check out the hoover! ha ha ! it was a nice car though..can anyone tell me why in that car it had recaro's in platic in the seats but my new one hasn't ?  ??? also it had a boot release button right next to the fuse box if i remember rightly. the reg on that white one was A662 UGF poor things dead now i think.i traded it in for an mk2 astra gte good move or not?

:D thanks matt! check out the hoover! ha ha ! it was a nice car though..can anyone tell me why in that car it had recaro's in platic in the seats but my new one hasn't ?  ??? also it had a boot release button right next to the fuse box if i remember rightly. the reg on that white one was A662 UGF poor things dead now i think.i traded it in for an mk2 astra gte good move or not?

According to the DVLA .......

The enquiry is complete 

The vehicle details for A662 UGF are: 

Date of Liability  01 11 1996 

Date of First Registration  15 12 1983 

Year of Manufacture  1983 

Cylinder Capacity (cc)  1796CC 

CO2 Emissions  Not Available 

Fuel Type  Petrol 

Export Marker  Not Applicable 

Vehicle Status  Unlicensed 

Vehicle Colour  WHITE 

Vehicle Type Approval 

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle   

6 Months Rate  £112.75 

12 Months Rate  £205.00 

Looks like it died in 96 Jason  :'(

The reason why your old saloon SRi had black Recaros in it was that all early SRi's and SR's had either the Black Highland Check or the Beige Trim in the same pattern. Your current SRi is whats known as a 'mid spec' model. These had an altered interior in them. Recaro 'type' seats and quite a few different features, different speedo cluster to name one of them  ;)

well you learn something new everyday.. ;D and me telling everyone it was an 84 A! HA HA also when i went to get the sump they were saying there are 2 variations is that right? surely it was just the one and im sure it was the same engine as i had in the astra gte reg B201 JMO..also has anyone in the club got the same model as my first one ? i would love to see pics of one again..mine had the checked interior

This red SRi bought back some memories for me, it is very similar to my first Cavalier, a red 1.8 SRi 1985 on a B plate.  I think the previous owner to me, sprayed the front grill red on mine, which didn't look too bad and also my one had a 'pop up' sun roof (wow); car's dead and gone now.