MK2 Cavalier Antibes

lewis1

Hi all new to the forum and new to vauxhalls full stop!

So anyways I've got my hands on a 1986 vauxhall cavalier 1.6 ohv Antibes in red(faded!) it's abit of a pearl in my eyes its covered 40,000 miles from new hardly any rust as to speak off the interior is mint hardly sat in!!! Full red carpets and trim seats all original down to the radio. I couldn't believe the mileage so I checked the receipts that came with it and every mot and certificate from 1989 and all the owner books etc!!!!

One happy bunny for £150!!!

Going to restore this well the little it needs to a newish standard and hope to be at some shows this year!!!

• CLUB MEMBER

You jammy git what a bloody bargin that is!!! Welcome to the site by the way lol  :P;)

Get some pictures up would love to see what it looks like inside  ;D any help or advice needed don't hesitate to ask there's plenty of knowledge on here ;)

JimmysSig.png

I brought it off a friend from work who's to busy restoring a jenson interceptor 111 and just wants it off his drive by Friday.

It's still on the original log book 1 owner from new!

Yeah I sure will I'll get some up about this time tomorrow!!

I'm really excited about this project more than any in the past, are the Antibes rare then??

• CLUB MEMBER

I promise pictures for tomorrow watch this space!!! Lol

I never knew to be honest as I said I'm new to vauxhall but when he mentioned it I knew I had to look at it and I saw it and said I'll take it!

Although with it being red it has faded!!!

Oh yes certainly rare and certainly a bargin at £150!!! If doesn't need painting get ya polish out and give it a dam good buffing ;)

JimmysSig.png

• CLUB MEMBER

Mate, I'm in Walsall myself!! I'll come and have a butchers at it, if its not raining I may even bring the SRi  ;)

Talk about not wanting to be left out pmsl  :P :P only joking matt  :P lewis1 sounds great fella shall hopefully take you up on that offer one day ;)

If you can before you do any body work take it to a local graphics place see if they can help you also send robbie a pm an ask him about his ;)

Take a look at robbie's thread for his antibes an awesome read for an awesome car his also has been fitted with an XE on carbs 8) 8) 8)

http://www.mk2cav.com/index.php/topic,1305.0.html

JimmysSig.png

Hi

You need to make a free account somewhere like photobucket, upload the images there, and then you put the image codes on here!

There is a thread somewhere on how to which I'm sure makes it much simpler than my description!

:)

it needs quite i abit of elbow grease just to get it up to scratch, and there's that bit of rust on the front bumper and and a small bit on the back arches, once that sorted a damn good MOP hould bring alot back and no doubt eventually a full spray.

Does anyone have any ideas on wheel, im going to keep the wheel trims for originality but i do want some nice alloys!

Does anyone have any ideas on wheel, im going to keep the wheel trims for originality but i do want some nice alloys!

I'm going to do the same with my GL. Keep the original wheels and trims for winter, and if I want the original look, but I also got her some Irmscher diamond cut rims to spoil her in the summer.

I'm not the one to advice on the best wheels, though! I'll leave the chaps to that!

She looks really good for what you paid, though. You'll have her up to scratch in no time.

I look forward to seeing a WIP thread. :D