Billing 2013 Chat thread

Guest GreyDJ

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to ask, did everyone who went last year get this year for free?

I contacted the same lady who looked after me last year and she honoured the free booking.

MOT today!!!!! Fingers crossed!!!!!!

I hope to visit on sunday, 130 is in bodyshop having new front wing on after neighbour of mums bashed it so may be in Dolly Sprint or Corsa. Dont think the club will want any one of them on the stand ;D

Only hidden amongst the tents :)  Hav'nt seen a Dolomite Sprint for many a year.

Dead easy to join up.

I just renewed as i'd not realised my membership had expired! Cheers Frisco for pointing it out!

Silvia failed the MOT today but only on front brake-balance, due to sticky calipers. I've freed them up and the re-test is tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be ok.

If not, I'll be in bright green Rapid lol

Just got home from my day visit to Billing.

What a change from last year! Cracks in the dried out earth, not a puddle in sight. It is a year when we can be really pleased that we have one of the best positions, in the shade of the trees.

About 10 cars there already, all the usual hardened Cavalier nuts. Plus when walking round there were at least another half dozen more around the site.

Should be a great weekend. Be back tomorrow.

Anybody at billing now think I might come down tomorrow but unfortunately can't bring the cav as still got few bits to do if nobody at billing I am here now at the pub it looks fairly busy so far

are you for real? everybody who is anybody is now at Billing mate. get yourself there and you wont be disappointed. I'm stuck at home as i'm working but god I wish I was going. Next year I will match two lucky cards....a roadworthy car and good weather!!

Will not be there on Sunday now, 84 yr old mother is being treated for Ovarian C which was diagnosed about 6 - 7 wks ago, Had another does of Chemo last wk but hot weather not suiting her so staying with her to monitor her temperature at the moment as she is a little weak. Would have enjoyed Sunday but family must come first.

Will not be there on Sunday now, 84 yr old mother is being treated for Ovarian C which was diagnosed about 6 - 7 wks ago, Had another does of Chemo last wk but hot weather not suiting her so staying with her to monitor her temperature at the moment as she is a little weak. Would have enjoyed Sunday but family must come first.

sorry to hear that Neil, as you say family is first, mk2 cavs second!, theres always next year mate!

Counted 22 Cavs on the stand today with at least another dozen on other stands.

This will be a show to remember, the Billing show won't be this warm and sunny again for a lot of years to come. Maybe never for some oldies like me!