steffi

so guys and girls why not start the festive season off with a club meet

we are heading here :- http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-3164-ibis-wellingborough/index.shtml

on Saturday the 30th November

so who is  coming ?

list

1) Chris m

2) Jonny

3) paul

4) matt and zoie

5) steffI and toni

6) stuart

7) john (GreyDJ)

8 ) daz and jo

9) alan and jo

10) john and dawn

11) Andy & Kat

12) brett

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CLUB MEMBER

This thread has been up since September and has been viewed over a hundred times in my opinion no one else will be signing up.

I believe it's due to the lack of enthusiasm within are club and what's been going off within the site and members, people are just put off from coming to are meets due to this.

I am not sure it is wholly due to a lack of enthusiasm Jonny - I often read the threads on the site but don't always post due to lack of technical knowledge but still admire members for their dedication etc to the Cav cause.

I must have missed whatever has been going off on the site or with the members - I know one member had a bit of a 'sounding off' last week - don't really know why, maybe I just don't read too much into stuff...

Meets are a logistical problem for me and I am sure other members must have the same hurdles.  Self employment and hence an absence of person(s) to do my job means that work is a priorty.  The time and cost (in terms of fuel and lost income) of getting to the meet is also a factor for me (and yes, I am sure there are people that travel from further away) but nevertheless it is still a reason for my non attendence.  And yes, I know you cannot please everyone.  ;)

i can see where Jonny is coming from,  i know that its impossible to pick a geographical location to suit all, but as soon as this was posted up you could predict 95% of the names that are likely to be put down.

i know Wellingboro might not be exactly local to where ever you are but i can assure you its not exactly local to West Wales, Devon, Blackpool or even Ireland, yet members still attend

Be good to get meet some of the new members and put talk of cliques to bed once and for all

• SITE MODERATOR

Sorry folks, I cannot make this date.  I really hope I have a cav up and running I need to show my face at some of these.  I know that you don't need one, but its been a long time for me on here without :angel:

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

Oh dear I am am about to get in trouble as I am about to rant ! I gave you all the chance to air your veiws give ideas and not many members bothered so now its up people are moaning sorry guys but you cant have it both ways either man up and have a great weekend or shut up and when yourr given the chance next time take

• SITE MODERATOR

No complaints from me.....I couldn't do a single weekend in November anyway :angel:

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)