Hello from France !

MICHEL ASCONA FRANCE

What ddo yo prefer : "SALOON" or "HATCH" ?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What ddo yo prefer : "SALOON" or "HATCH" ?

• SALOON
    • HATCH

My name is Michel.

I'm from South of France and I drive this 2 doors Opel Ascona C 1.8i GT (1986).

I bought the car this year in the middle of april.

This Ascona is in good condition with only 53.000 kilometers.

10 years without running and a 80 years old last owner can explain...

AVG1280.jpg

LATG1280.jpg

INT1280.jpg

First major test ride with climbing and altitude : col du Montgenèvre 1850 m high

ALPES1280.jpg

• CLUB ADMIN

Hi Michel!

Where in South of france are you from? Some of us are heading down to Angouleme for the motorsport festival! We will all be in Cavalier / Ascona(!)

Car looks really good. Just remember - in future use (IMG) instead of (URL) and photos will display right away!

• SITE MODERATOR

Loving the white GT, welcome to the site.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

hi michel welcome to the site you will be very welcome on here we to have asconas over here but not very many mine is a 1982 1.8 sr/e one of only 2 sr/e left in the uk i also have another ascona which is a 1,6 berlina automatic in gold

So Ascona 1.8 SR / e are true rarities.

Take good care of yours.

"Longue vie" to Ascona and Cavalier!

hello michel.  when i saw the car, which was this time last year, my wife & i were visiting my father in law who lives in the next village but passed thro vernante. he told me about the garage, so went & had a look & there was inside said car. i did take some pictures, not sure where i shared them, thought it was here but cant find any trace, but still have them.

Bonjour et bienvenue sur le site.

J,aime votre voiture. Est l,Opel GT rare en France? Desole mon francais est tres pauve. mais ma fille m,a aide.

The key is to communicate our passions. Grammar and syntax, it is only when we can.

Are you referring to "Opel GT" 2-door coupe 60s or "Ascona GT" like mine?

The former is easy to find if you have more than 10,000 euros at least.

The second is rare with a little mileage and without a rust spot. Often many kilometers. There are also some Ascona GT Sport but only 1,600 cc. Only the name is Sport. I had  one (a 2 doors) in 1986!

Hi Andy!

I'm from the south-east, in Provence. It's ROGNAC visible on Google Earth.

This is not the good south referring to Angouleme! But why not when the car will be checked and tested progressively farther away.

Thank you for your help. This is the first forum or I sign. And using English. It's not easy to start but I am delighted with my first contacts with members.

hello michel.  when i saw the car, which was this time last year, my wife & i were visiting my father in law who lives in the next village but passed thro vernante. he told me about the garage, so went & had a look & there was inside said car. i did take some pictures, not sure where i shared them, thought it was here but cant find any trace, but still have them.

It's a chance for me.

You have not brought the Ascona back home!

Nice looking car I like the period wheels and rear spolier

Thanks.

I think the rims are not from the opel network.

As against the rear spoiler is a factory one: T43 code variants on the plate under the hood for "raised rear spoiler".

Another point of interest is the rear skirt irmscher.

I don't know if it is a fixture at the factory or at the dealer before delivery.

Does anyone know ?

Do not touch the French heritage!

Joke.

I prefer to see this Ascona restored by an enthusiast rather than abandoned in France.

I wish you many satisfactions during restoration.