Ascona GT 130

JB3GT8

Hello, I live in the Dordogne in SW france and bought an LHD Opel Ascona GT 130 in September '12. I use the car regularly as it was MOT'd when I bought it - 2 years mot in france. It has had it's problems. Fuel pump relay, and just this last week lumpy idling and hesitation under acceleration. It has just had new bosch ventilated discs, pads and a set of softer compound tyres. The michelin energy savers I bought it with were useless. This has changed the car. I love it and despite my recent frustrations will continue to learn through the haynes on how to maintain and cherish this car. It's a two owner car, I'm the 3rd. Has 174,000kms on it. Original bill of sale and loads of bills. Would like to share some photo's with you all. And equally would like to see a 'debarquement' of mk2 cavs in the south of france at some point. Such and odd ball car to see here compared to holland and germany where they were also very popular.

Great car!

• SITE MODERATOR

Welcome to the site.....get some pictures up when you can please :angel:

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• CLUB ADMIN

Welcome aboard! We have big plans for an update to the site in the next few months. Going to integrate it more with facebook, make it easier to upload pics, work on mobile devices, and allow all members to write articles. Get some photos up!

Also:

It did happen! ;)  ;D

• SITE MODERATOR

Welcome aboard! We have big plans for an update to the site in the next few months. Going to integrate it more with facebook, make it easier to upload pics, work on mobile devices, and allow all members to write articles.

O no.....i'm going to have to get on that then.....have they got a dislike button yet (for all the 1-up-mans-ship and look at me rubbish)?

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

O no.....i'm going to have to get on that then.....have they got a dislike button yet (for all the 1-up-mans-ship and look at me rubbish)?

Yeah I've got to agree Facebook does nothing for me either. I rejoined recently after couple years when I was looking to buy another cavalier and it's still sh&t. 

Andy. What's the benefit of the link up and will new site still be usable if your not on Facebook?

Thanks

I don't do Facebook and sometimes think that's why its quiet on here .would be even worse if everyone just went on Facebook page instead  :( can't see me re joining Facebook so I'll probably miss out on quite a bit so we will see what happens .

I am with you cavvypogo, I am on facebook or at least have a profile there but hardly ever on. So don't worry I'll still be here to keep you company  :).

Sorry JB3GT8 for helping hijack your thread.

• SITE MODERATOR

No worries for hijacking thread. I don't do loserbook either!!

lol