VBOA Show Sywell 2023 21 to 23 July Chat thread

GreyDJ2

• 2 weeks later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

I have one.....should be there relatively early on the Saturday

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• CLUB ADMIN

Hi all, looking for a tent spot for Friday night, or confirmation I can kip in the car in the guest car park as will have to go on Saturday lunch and don't want some scruffy octavia leaving the stand in shame ;)

Context: I've got a 14 hour flight back to the UK a bit before - so access / prep time is limited for me this year. 

• CLUB REP

These are the conditions that VBOA imposes due to insurance and airfield rules. The Club has agreed to them. Please abide by them. Two posts.

VBOA National Rally 2023 – Conditions for clubs exhibiting.

The VBOA committee and all those involved with the organisation of the national rally want
the event to be well attended, welcoming and friendly to all and to avoid any actions that
cause alarm, harassment or distress to individuals or endanger the safety of the site or other
users. To that end we have created this guidance which we would like you to share with
your members and reinforce with them whilst at the show.
Any verbal abuse of VBOA staff or volunteers will not be tolerated. If this happens, they
will be asked to leave the event and we will expect the club to deal with the member
accordingly.

The area next to the showground at Sywell has a live runway, it is a criminal offence to
cross onto the runway or any area outside the showground, if any visitors to the show
enter this area the Police will be called and all of the party will be removed from site
without further warning. The barriers to the show area and between the show area and
the motorsport area must not be crossed. Any breaches of this nature have an implication
for the entire show and therefore individual clubs will be responsible for their members
on site and must ensure compliance with these regulations.

It should be noted that if it appears to the organisers that any exhibitor or club may be
engaged in activities which are deemed to be contrary to the best interests of the Show or
which appear unethical or to be in breach of the law, the VBOA Committee may, without
being under any liability to refund or abate any charges paid or due herein, cancel any space
allocation which may have been made to the exhibitor or club and require them forthwith
to vacate the stand space allocated to them and refuse the exhibitor or club the right to
participate further in the show. This includes any breaches of boundaries of the show and
any behaviour that is deemed to endanger life, bullying or harassment or put the VBOA’s
insurance cover at risk.

⦁ Anti bullying and harassment statement
All club members, committee members and visitors to the show should be treated
and treat others with dignity and respect, they should be able to attend the show
without fear or favour and should treat fellow show attendees with dignity and
respect, always considering whether their words or conduct could be offensive.
Even unintentional harassment or bullying is unacceptable.

⦁ Speed limit and car movements
The speed limit on site is 5mph at all times and all cars moving around the site must
have their hazard lights on, this is for the safety of all. Show opening hours are
between 10am and 4pm Saturday and Sunday and during that time car movements
should be minimised, all movements outside the stand should be accompanied by a
banksman and extreme caution must be exhibited when driving around the show or
manoeuvring cars on the stands.

• CLUB REP

⦁ Stand boundaries and being a good neighbour
Stands have been organised this year to try and give enough space to facilitate social distancing, please try and facilitate this both for your own members and also
others coming onto your stand, be a good neighbour to the stands next to yours and
respect club’s space. Your taste in music may not be the same as those around you
and whilst we all love the sound of car engines no one wants to be woken at 3am by
the one next to their tent being revved, employ moderation and thoughtfulness.

⦁ Follow and convey instructions from the organisers to your members on site
There have been incidents in previous years when there have been breaches of
boundaries or security, we are keen that no one is endangered, the show is not put
at risk and we are able to hold a COVID safe event so if there are specific areas of
guidance, please pass these on to the members on your stand and reinforce that
they abide by any regulations on site.

⦁ Keep your stand tidy
There are volunteers undertaking every aspect of the management of this show so
please clear up litter on your stand, if you see litter in general areas then put it in a
bin and if there are refuse clearance problems that need to be addressed then
please contact one of the committee. All full waste bags should be put in the skips
located on site.

⦁ Involve the children
Children (and teenagers) remain the responsibility of their adults whilst on site,
please ensure that they are involved with the show and can appreciate all that is
going on at the show. Please remember that there will be track action and vehicle
movements and children will need to be aware of the risks associated with moving
around site and spectating the track action.

I agree to abide by this guidance and to ensure that those members of the club I represent
attending also abide by these

• CLUB REP
14 hours ago, andy said:

Hi all, looking for a tent spot for Friday night, or confirmation I can kip in the car in the guest car park as will have to go on Saturday lunch and don't want some scruffy octavia leaving the stand in shame ;)

Context: I've got a 14 hour flight back to the UK a bit before - so access / prep time is limited for me this year. 

Don't be silly, park on our stand overnight Andy. Your Octavia might not be the scruffyist :)

• SITE MODERATOR

O joy.....those earwigs.....nightmare

• Haha 1

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

On 15/07/2023 at 19:24, GreyDJ2 said:

Site plan link below, We have been moved from where we were the last couple of years to back where we were the first year, nearer the airfield. Hopefully we leave the earwigs behind :)

https://vboa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/VBOA-2023-Map-Issue-1.pdf

I stayed in that area two years ago, didn’t have any earwig issues 👍

Hopefully this year that corner public camping next to your stand area won’t get changed last minute ( after I’d pitched my tent 😡 ) and given to some chavvy club, as it did then and was given to Vauxweb, they were really nice them lot 🙄 

• SITE MODERATOR

I've got 1.....planning on arriving early Saturday so will put it up once the tent is. Might need someone to take it though as I'm not sure how late I'm staying Sunday....

• SITE MODERATOR

John, can I leave you in charge of my club gazebo on Sunday please?