VBOA Show Sywell 2024 26 to 28 July Chat thread

GreyDJ2

• CLUB REP
VBOA is pleased to announce the dates for the VBOA 2024 National Rally to be held at Sywell Aerodrome for the fifth year.

The show will open on Friday 26th July running until Sunday 28th.

Tickets will go live on the evening 11th December, a follow up email along with social will follow.

Hopefully drier like most years since we left Billing.
  • Like 1

• CLUB REP
23 minutes ago, Frisco said:

Good stuff John.

We've some planning to do in the new year to bring the stand upto the level we had before so the weekend works better whatever the weather does.

I think pretty much everything we spoke about this year can be in place for next years show.

Great stuff Ivan.

• SITE MODERATOR
On 09/12/2023 at 16:01, GreyDJ2 said:
VBOA is pleased to announce the dates for the VBOA 2024 National Rally to be held at Sywell Aerodrome for the fifth year.

The show will open on Friday 26th July running until Sunday 28th.

Tickets will go live on the evening 11th December, a follow up email along with social will follow.

Hopefully drier like most years since we left Billing.

My sons 16th......hhhmmm....might have to sweet talk him first lol

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Looking ahead to this.

I have the BBQ and gas sorted which is plenty big enough to cater for everyone so I will be bringing that with me.
Tony is working on the stickers now with the aim to have both general mk2cav member window stickers and show attendance stickers available.

We will have a proper shelter in case the rain returns or we just need a sun shade (fingers crossed). We'll have this in the next few weeks.

Andy is finishing up a club rebrand including a new logo that will be incorporated into merch and banners. So we'll have hoodies, t-shirts etc available before the show.

For the BBQ there will need to be a charge. Thinking £10 per adult and £5 per child? This should give us enough scope to put on a good spread (burgers, sausages, baked spuds, corn, some salad etc)

Thoughts and input welcome folks. I don't think I've missed any of the major stuff we've been missing over the past few years.
  • Like 2

What would Gordon do?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SITE MODERATOR

Well the ex has decided to take my boys away that weekend on his birthday so I will have to get booked in for me (maybe plus a n other).

Ivan, nice one.

Andy good job on the rebrand and merch

Happy to help let me know what / if anything is required (now or on the weekend).

• Like 1

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR
On 10/04/2024 at 17:33, GreyDJ2 said:

So no wet boys this year :) Bet they didn't let you forget that part of Dad bonding, 😂

Well.....it was sort of enjoyed, just not the swimming pool in the tent bit lol