Replibre turbo from y.o.t.c???

Calibre Turbo

Hello all,my name's james, :) not sure if anyone remembers but i brought an A reg replibre to Y.O.T.C last year? ??? which now has a L.E.T and F28 in her.I've finally got my arse into gear and sorted out broadband having got a new pc at crimbo!Kinda getting to grips with the site and posting etc as it's been a while since i've done the whole forum thing!!!anyways just thought i'd send a friendly "hi" and hope to chat to some of you guys in the near future!  j

wow,how cool is this forum business!thanks for all the replies,well lets' are lots and lots of fun,but......a real brain ache till you get to know the ins and outs of all the wiring and sensors!!!thanks to dan for the remembering nudge about the site!as for lightfunkyone,goddamn!she still looks sweet,if mine's as mint as that one day i'll be a very happy man!since my last post,just flew over to Stratford to get an old Sri 130 door and wing due to Friday's moment of extreme retardedness!one thing i will say,de ice all windows before dashing off to work in tight spaces!!feel free to give me as much abuse as you care to deliver!!!!! p.s,whats happened with all Daz's cars now?????  j

goddamn 180 + bhp in a mk2! you'd have to be mad!!! (ahem) lol,fair play dude,have you taken her out yet?if not,there really is nothing more satisfying than sat on the ass of an impreza that's being spanked silly!!lol hey jeremy,saw the pics of your valver, :o i'm def up for attending the next meet whenever it is,i have a lot of catching up to do!!by the way,i'm curious,are there many other peeps with lets at the mo??? j

Hi James nice to hear you have a Turbo. What kind of mods did you do to the front end to keep her in one piece? With 206 bhp its a fair bit of strain on the front end. What lower kit are you going with? I have my Turbo engine sat in the shed now nearly 3 years waiting to go into the 130. If only I get a bit of time on my hands the transplate will begin. Here is a picture of the 206 bhp Turbo

20l16valveturbo6xg.th.jpg

Hey all,well any help needed just give me a shout!well my shell doesn't actually have a sub frame at all,as it's a 1.6l shell underneath.when the engine went in,the strut tops were seam welded,the bulk head was cleaned up and checked for rot/stress,and a few other seams welded up like chassis legs,had it in since june,use her everyday,and i'm not shy with it,so far so good! :o using 60 mm drop springs but due to the weight she dives a bit so adjustable shocks are on my list!but god damn it was worth it,took a full weekend to do,working till the early hours!Although it was time consuming,wasn't actually that hard! I'm gagging to get it re-sprayed due to a few marks and dents but i'd still really like to attend the next few meets! J ;D

hi mate whats your car handle like with no subframe,i am busy putting v6 into my l shell and i am started to get bit worried ,got a funny feeling it aint gonna handle very well,does yours seem ok?anyone no the differnce in weight  between let and v6(c25xe).there a guy that get on here has a let in his cabby running phase 3.get some pics up in the gallery i love your car a reg turbine

well,i have to say you know the engines in there,understeer is a fairly major factor in the wet.Although having said all this,so long as you pick the right gear and stay away from boost it's still pretty good,get round the bend then let all hell loose when she's in a straight line!!not too sure on the mounts for a v6,think you use small block mounts???i know someone who will though.A let bolts straight in on your original mounts if your using a standard box,my friend managed to make an f16 last on a let in a 130 for quite a while.But i had another friend who's really good at welding make a mount onto my car at the back to carry the f28,and modify a front one.Got lots of pics to put up but how do i do it??i have a photo bucket thingy!! j

Guest Chalkey

from what i can gather there isn't a great deal of weight differennce between a LET and a V6, whist the V6 has the extra pistons the LET has the intercooler, pipework, a heavier gearbox as well.

at the most there has got to be 20 to 30 KG's in it, people i speak to who have V6's in mk2 Astras say they handle quite well but will understeer if they are really pushed in the wet or dry

Guest I_JEREMY

ok Daz,so gather you've got a new 130?so whats happened with your calibre and the mint coloured one??has it just been broken or did you stack it???J

his calibre is newcastle with farmer,and the lady is all over the country on various members' cars,mine included  she will live on    :) :)