Hello from Finland

Guest MSA

I´ve got 2 Asconas, both 2-door models. They are even the same color(weissgold met.)!! The one i´m driving daily is ´86, originally a 1.6(16SH) but it´s 1.8 now(18E). I got it from a guy i knew from school(back in the days), he came to my work to buy spark plugs for his new car and said that he´s going to take his old Ascona to scrapyard...i bought it for 20€!! I spent my whole summer vacation sandblasting, welding and painting it...but it was worth it :). The other Ascona is originally a 1.3(13S) ´83, but i just dropped a 20ne in it a few days ago. I found this car left on the roadside when i was going to a friend...i stopped and went to see it, it had sprayed all the oil and coolant out! The engine bay was a mess...i called the owner the next day and offered him 20€ for the car and he sold it :)...so i got them both pretty cheap!

Guest zero-defects
I´ve got 2 Asconas, both 2-door models.

1.8 now(18E).

The other Ascona is dropped a 20ne

20€ !

Hi from Liverpool !!!  

I am wanting to see pictures. owning 2,  2 door 1.8 and 2.0 asconas - a dream I keep having !!!

Price appears to be a European Average for a mk2/C that needs a little LOVE.  

I paid a bottle of cheap scotch for a 1.8e Auto Hatch and £40 for a 1.8e 4 door SRi.  

I´ll have to get the pictures somewhere in the internet so i can put a link...so far i have them only on my own computer.

cavwaldo, what did you try to translate? =>hei ja mieluinen jotta site,please arvioida jalkeilla jokin elokuvat koska paikalla aari arpa -lta arka ascona c kotona Suomi , they are finnish words but i cant understand it ;D the order of the words is so weird that i cant even translate it back to english :)

I didn´t have pictures of the 1.8, but here are some pictures of the 2.0 (i´ll try to get pictures today of my 1.8 )

KopioDSC02335.jpgThis is the car where the 20ne used to live...

KopioDSC02349.jpg Needs a bit of cleaning...

KopioIMG_0323.jpg first i thought i´ll just wash it well but the job got out of hands as usual :) valve cover and some other stuff still needs painting.

Patapaikallaan.jpg Here it is...not the best engine option but this one was easily available and cheap(and better than the exploded 13s)

The engine bay is in good condition for a ´83 Ascona, the car has some rust spots here and there but nothing big...i´ll fix them. Now i have pictures of my ´86 1.8  :)

Ascona.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

That is one nice looking Ascona mate, the two door looks so good 8) especially with those rubbing strips removed :) reminds me of an Opel Manta coupe 8)

Nice grille too, interesting that youve havent sprayed it body colour but instead sprayed it black, i was thinking of doing that to mine ;)

Guest zero-defects
Hello and welcome! Loving your car man, another unique look me thinks ;)

Looks like you don't get salt on your roads there? Or maybe just not as much as we do :?

The more I look at it the more I want a LHD 2 door !!!

Hello and welcome! Loving your car man, another unique look me thinks ;)

Looks like you don't get salt on your roads there? Or maybe just not as much as we do :?

Yes we do get salt on our roads...tons of it, that´s why i spent my whole summer vacation under the car(if you read the first post)