[EVENT] BIG CAV BASH 2009 (@ Billing)

andy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris m

his missis must be very nice looking and fisco must be open minded as i normally need a bit of flesh or a fumble to make a tent  ;D ;D ;D lol

;D ;D ;D

• CLUB ADMIN

DEADLINE IS 4th of JULY TO PUT YOUR NAME DOWN.

Fastest MK2 and anyone else who has mentioned coming etc.. if you don't have your name on the list you can't attend.

In other words "..If your names not down..."

COSTS:

Once at billing we will be requesting £1 - Yes one whole British pound to cover the cost of us mailing your pass out to you.

For the BBQ we will kindly accept a donation towards the cost of the food if you are feeling flush. Please note that the club will only be covering some food for paying members!

• CLUB ADMIN

Passes are for stand cars only.

Some people swap them out with their spouses cars etc to get them in but the main site road goes right by our stand anyway so it's easy to divert. If we had some poles I'd tape the whole thing off this year.

The ENTIRE stand this year is for MK2CAV MEMBERS CAVALIERS only.

There is normally some space behind the tree line along the back of our stand, but categorically this year - no motorhomes, mercs, omega's, vectras around the tents this year! These are to be strictly away from the tents and beyond the tree line as this made it easier for certain peeps with a cav turbo to come and park up un-noticed! ;) and also segregate people from the main group. We are one!!  ;)

A quick note on "widening participation".

Any shouts of "clique" will be swiftly dealt with, especially coming from those not mixing with others! (Just haven't thought of a good enough alcohol related forfeit yet!) - it's a very playground word and to use appropriate terminology - normally "those that smelt it dealt it.." So please do be helpful, communicative to others you don't know and generally muck in as we have lots planned!

We normally have a great big mk2cav.com village of tents where everyone mucks in, and (not) weather permitting we normally have a fantastic time(!) So get involved with your peers, meet new people, try to avoid sitting in a closed little group of people away from everyone else and pitch your tents to be part of the club. With that in mind it is still totally also acceptable to hang around with your good mates you have made from the club too!

The BBQ on Saturday will be a great opportunity to get everyone together, but please bear in mind we can not introduce everyone new to everyone else all the time so it pays to be a self starter and introduce yourself! (hint) Complimenting someone's cav is a great conversation starter!

Wouldn't have needed to post this, but seeing as last years billing was a flood, this is a gentle reminder to everyone that this is the one big event where we are all together, lets make it a cracking one!

Can I get added to the list please?  :angel:

Not sure how i stand asking for a pass though cos like i've previously mentioned if i can't bring my cav I'm stocking the volvo with a keg or two as self inflicted forefit and guess i'll be behind that tree line!

Should i just leave it and turn up in whatever I can and wing it from there?

What time can we get there on friday?

• CLUB ADMIN

Unoficially I would pay for one nights camping and bury the volvo at the back of the stand against the back side of the treeline.

Although technically all cars could have passes, we use them to show that cars should / should not be on the stand as we simply do not get enough. What days do you want to be down for if you are not bringing your cav? I'm sure Richie will be your best friend forever with those kegs in tow!  ;D

I was saying that if i didn't have the cav that I'd just pop down for sat and sunday but I'll go have a word with the guys i'm coming down with and see if they are still up for going the friday anyway.

Put me down sat/sun for defo and I'll let you know if we are coming on the friday later today.

dunno if it helps i can probably get hold of a bookers cash and carry account to use at northampton depot if it helps reduce bar-b-que costs

I allready have one  ;), if im honest, tesco's prices were allmost the same  ???

Well if im really honest, im so far disapointed, there are many names that are not on this list that have said they want to come to billing this year  :-[, like i have said to all those whingers about the weather, it's going to be SUNNY this year and it's going to be the BEST billing EVER  ;)

PLATINUM - ARRIVING THURS (nice one Richie )

Richie- calibre V6

steffi - nodes/ cdi

GOLD - ARRIVING FRI

Paul - Calibre 16v - TBC

Andy - Ascona SRe - TBC

Ivan - Green Base - Clara

Kev - Green L - Family

Tim - Red 130 - TBC

Jonny - Gold Cav - TBC

Blitz- The 2 door  - TBC

Abo- The turbo sri - TBC

Newbody - estate + Lou + youngest child

Jimmycav-Blue GLS-Kirsty

Paul-SRi-Nicola

MarkG - 130- family

Dazzy130 (PM) - 130 - family

Teazer (PM) - SR -

hammopower - cabby 16v +daughter

vauxal          - calibre      +family?

SILVER ARRIVING SAT

Ken - Ascona-  wife+son

Wullie - 130 + Wife

SAT - Day only.

Matt O/Dee + kids - Early SRi

Rabbit - opel (+ possible 2nd cav)

BRONZE (but still awesome  ARRIVING SUN

KevF- LXi-Family

Terence-White CDI-Family (Sun only)

vrs03 - early SRi -

Robert-CDi (will use last year's spec sheet)

STEEL - Not bringing cavaliers (but like a magical cav apprentice!!)

NO PASSES REQUIRED FOR:

Katherine - MASSIVE MAYBE - SATURDAY Only

Chris M - In a van - doing Sat / Sun.

RoggaB - Sat Sun with a Volvo & Kegs!

was to be the family but the wife is in for an op 2 weeks before so she won't be going anywhere so it's just me and the daughter.

vauxal will be there but will know who with nearer the time.

you can send both passes to either of us and am hoping to scan al's specsheet to put mine on but will let you know if i b*lls it up ;D

Regarding Bookers cash and carry.  If you have an account go onto their website you can see their prices and what they have promotions on.  For both soft and alcoholic drinks it does pay to compare with Tescos (remember Booker prices are plus VAT) - sometimes one is cheaper than the other and vice versa.  However, we buy all of our bottled/tinned beers from Bookers, today for example 12 x 500ml Marstons pedigree £11.49 plus VAT; 24 x 440ml John Smiths tins £16.49 plus VAT.  How does that compare with Tescos?  ???

I would try Bookers for meat for a Barbeque unless they have some really good deals at the supermarkets.  We buy an excellent pork sausage 80% pork ('Gills') 6lb for £7.00 from Bookers which are as good if not better than supermarket £1.49- £1.99 for 6 'premium' sausages.  ;)

Katherine

im doing a spec sheet this week.

and im going to be there late friday night (leaving cornwall when the kids get out of schoolapprox 6 hours drive) and will bring a tent, yes i know i said im too fat (and i am) but if all else fails ill leave it up and still go to my mates house about an hour away ;D