[EVENT] BIG CAV BASH 2009 (@ Billing)

andy

• CLUB ADMIN

Billing2007_071-1.jpg

Right, welcome to our new annual get together. From here on in we do this event and whatever creative ones like Arschott we can come up with in future, but this will be our defacto BIG show from now on.

The event coincides with the VBOA nationals and is held at Billing on the 10,11,12th July 2009 this year. This is a show for members who truly love their cav and is a reunion for all remaining mk2's in the club.

All cars should be clean, presentable - and cleaned to a good standard once they arrive on stand.

By attending you agree to pitch in to help make thiings easier. For example, take the initiative if you see someone moving onto the stand, or helping us put the banners / gazeebo's up etc..

We will be trying to sort something for Saturday night potentially to get everyone together, but I don't need to tell you to not be strangers and get to know each other it's the one time we are all together!

Required Items:

BBQ & FOOD: TBC / TBA

BANNERS X 2:

GAZEEBO: TBA

LIGHTS / GENNY: TBA

SPEC SHEETS:See below..

SPEC SHEET STANDS: Optional for this year as you see fit.

Staff Wanted:

Stand Layout:

Stand Help: (To help  us get the cars where the layout says!)

** Basically, it is unfair to put everything on the club admins, so we do need 2 or 3 people to step forward to take the lead with the stand layout - with help from the admin team - but if we don't get a few volunteers we will not be able to run the event properly.

PM me if you have some ideas for what you can do for the club event!

STAFF ALLOCATED:

Magpie - VBOA Rep, BBQ

Grey DJ / - Passes

Andy - EO, Media

Ivan - Chef! & EO

Ivan & Clara -  Spec Sheets - TBA

Tim - EO, Membership

Richie - Layout lead?

Johnny - Layout help?

Daz - Layout help?

Abo - Blitz - Stand perimeter defence?! ;D

THREAD IS UNDER REVIEW AND WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE DETAILS BECOME APPARENT. Don't worry if you are down for a duty (or not yet down, these are only ideas, or rough too..)

COPY AND PASTE ATTENDANCE LIST:

PLATINUM - ARRIVING THURS (nice one Richie ;))

Richie- calibre V6

steffi - nodes/ cdi

GOLD - ARRIVING FRI

Paul - Calibre 16v - TBC

Andy - Ascona SRe - TBC

Ivan - Green Base - Clara   Pass recieved

Kev - Green L - Family

Tim - Red 130 - TBC

Jonny - Gold Cav - TBC

Blitz- The 2 door  - TBC   Pass recieved

Abo- The turbo sri - TBC   Pass recieved

Newbody - estate + Lou + youngest child  Pass recieved

Jimmycav-Blue GLS-Kirsty

Paul-SRi-Nicola

MarkG - 130- family

Dazzy130 (PM) - 130 - family

Andy S - (Daz's Neighbour) - Babysham

Teazer (PM) - SR -

Rocket - Calibre-

SILVER ARRIVING SAT

Ken - Ascona-  wife+son

Wullie - 130 + Wife

SAT - Day only.

Matt O/Dee + kids - Early SRi

Rabbit - opel (+ possible 2nd cav)

BRONZE (but still awesome ;) ARRIVING SUN

KevF- LXi-Family

Terence-White CDI-Family (Sun only)

vrs03 - early SRi -

Robert-CDi (will use last year's spec sheet)

STEEL - Not bringing cavaliers (but like a magical cav apprentice!!)

NO PASSES REQUIRED FOR:

Katherine - MASSIVE MAYBE - SATURDAY Only

Chris M - In a van - doing Sat / Sun.

RoggaB - Sat Sun with a Volvo & Kegs!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPEC SHEETS

Anyone attending this event who wants a spec sheet but doesn't already have one please put together a paragraph about the car and a couple of pics (decent size without a size/resolution bar on them) and send it to me either via PM or email to splank@eircom.net.

If you send it via email please put your username in the title

This is the format we are using again

MattO.jpg

You can have more pics if you want or pics of the resto process etc. (there is a full page of the 2007 spec sheets in the OTHER ARTICLES section on the site if you need inspiration :))

Please put the paragraph together as you want it to appear on the sheet. I will not be writing anything for anyone as there is enough work in putting them together already so what you send is what you get.

Can people please let me know if they are using their old one so i can keep track of whats what.

Everyone has to have one and so far ive only got new ones from

ABO

Blitz

Terence

davedave

teazers82sr

Rabbit

vrs03

Newbody

hammopower

Ralph

Jonny

Newbodys second one

They must be in by July 3rd at the latest

Using old-

Richie

Tim

Andy

Kev

Kensascona

Mark G

Robert

Matt O

Jimmycav

vauxal

What would Gordon do?

I would like to see my cav on show but i dont know if it is in good enough condition. Its going to get a respray but not in time for the show. It has had some panels painted but the colour match isnt great. Theres no major rust though. Do you guys think i should fetch it along or wait till next time when it will be complete?

I'll defo be there at some point. It's not looking like cav will be ready in time unfortunatly, keeping fingers crossed though! Not even sure if it's the 1st Cabby with the x25xe in it now, a mate that when to the rain fest that was PVS said there were a couple of V6 cabbies??

For Billing I'll prob have a car full so we will prob help as much as we can when we get there. I guess the only upside of not being in the cav is that I'll be able to get a couple of kegs in the back of the V70!! Cider anyone?!?

• CLUB ADMIN

bwbbq.jpg

Announcement & Reminder!

1). First of all EVERYONE needs a specsheet, even if it is only on the dashboard, or we find a way for those without a stand to display on the passenger window once laminated. Please email a few paragraphs to Ivan. Next week we will start colour coding the list to show who has done what etc.

2). The club will be covering the cost of the BBQ this year! WHAT!? You say! :D Well basically I'm so disappointed (along with the other EO's who feel the same!) about the site still limping along with the engine management light on coughing out acrid black smoke everywhere that we thought we should do something positive about it! So the food on Saturday (well some of it!) is on the club! Yes that does mean you may have more money for Beer / Cider etc.. this year at least!! (Whole Keg's of cider hey!?Richie will be happy!) ;D

Please remember to tell us what's happening about your spec sheet so we can update the master list at the top of this.

Here are the spec sheets from 2007 that I put together: HERE  Ivan and Clara's will be the same but up to date if you send them text etc..

Guest chris m

:( You really hurt my feelings andy  :'(, who said last weekend about paying a small contribution  :angel:, make them pay, £5, NO £10,NO £20  >:D, then i can have 2 kegs of cider  ;D

send me them pics an i'll buy you a keg of cider ;D

Guest I_JEREMY

you had better put Andy down as well he's coming late friday evening in babysham  ;D

Quality  :D :D :D

This isnt fair. i want to come to billing but dont have a car :( :( :'( :'(

Don't have to have a cav to come mate  :)

Guest chris m

dont want to be sat around? if i come can i help out? would like to be more involved with the club as i have been around for a while but not al;ways as reliable as i should have been...time to make things  right?

• CLUB ADMIN

Quality  :D :D :D

Don't have to have a cav to come mate  :)

Agreed Abo. It's just as good getting to know everyone even if you don't have a mk2 - it also motivates you massively!

As for Smithy, is he a member at the mo? if so I'll add. I'd have remembered if he actually posted on here lol.  ;)

I'd forgotten you'd said that, guess I take it pesonally that the sites broken. I'll get back to you!

Billing have put their prices up for camping to £20 a night - so its oging to hit people.

So, you only ever pay for 1 night anyway  ;D, have not forgotton chris, been out allday, pub  ;D

I'm afraid there is only an outside chance I can get to Billing Andy.  I may be able to come on Saturday.  I could possibly get away for midday (if there are no hold ups), 3.5 hours drive (if I'm lucky) stay 4 hours ish and back for around midnight.  I'm afraid work everyday now at least until November  >:(.  I am totally crap driving late at night, hence I might have to drag my daughter along for the journey.  :-[

If I can make it, I'm not sure whether I will be in my Cavalier though,I'm a bit loathe to rush down the road and then back up the road in it plus if anything goes wrong I simply don't have the time/energy to sort it out; customers wait for no one.  Also, I would rather not get anyone's hopes up by saying I will be there in it when it's such a long shot simply getting me there, if that makes sense.  Would really like to see everyone's Cavaliers though that's for sure.  ;D

Katherine

Guest chris m

Right, i would like to meet everyone, some i already have so would it be possible to put my name down. No car as you will see its in bits with little hope of working again. If i can be of help please let me know, as it would be nice to contribute. i have never camped before so will probably kip in my van (no tent) :o

Guest chris m

that'l do nicely andy, i'm looking forward to this now. Are people camping, roughing it in cars or what. i could kip in me van??? this is a first time for me, so i need to know the ropes :)

may even make friday if i can blag it off work ;D