value of a cav

jan the man

on my way back from soton last week with my wife, we stopped in at a service station & as she went orf for the ladies, i popped into the shop bit & spotted a mag which was giving valuations of most classic cars, so i looked at the cav & as follows. cav sri,( only model mentioned ) excellent condition ;£3000, good condition; £2000, to project car £650. also gave the status on the cavalier being "rare"

Any Cav/classic car is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it :) As I said to greg at billing i own a Cav because I like the car !!

id most definately agree there mate ,i love cavs and if they are rising in value then thats just a bonus in my opiniin  ;)

• SITE MODERATOR

Any Cav/classic car is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it :) As I said to greg at billing i own a Cav because I like the car !!

Thats the only way, mk2s is all about the love.  None of the rotters are "worth," the agro to fix.  I'd hate to think the garage costs of the work thus far put into the white one.  It won't be up for sale, ever.

(assumming it gets completed)

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

Sometimes money does not come into the equation, i would not sell the 130 saloon for £5,000 and have last year been offered £4000 which i think? was a genuine offer.

My personal value is around the 4k mark condition "A" NOT concours for a 130 with full history all bills etc, others may think 3k.

What value do you put on Dazys 130 hatch? again i would say about 7k poss more again just my opinion.

As someone has stated they are worth only what someone is prepared to pay.