Is there a calibre register?

corey

John , Anna valley in salisbury sold 23 calibres thats where all the jaa's came from

the 23rd one must have had a slightly different reg, as in didn't follow on numerically like the others. Cheers for the info I'll add that aswell.  ;D

John , Anna valley in salisbury sold 23 calibres thats where all the jaa's came from

cool im glad its a local one, as my dad worked for the company 4 many years, anna valley, grahams of salisbury and then lex service,

Nice to see another one in the club. Are you going through the hell that is trying to find some fog lights?

I think someone has recently sourced some from europe, not an easy item to find.

yes when i got her the last owner had a bump with a golf and it smashed the o/s one so they got removed, ive got the remains somewhere, i did buy some new ones, i think they are hella ones but havent got round to fitting them, i was thinking of fitting the 4, 2 fogs and 2 spots,spots being activated on main beam through a relay, but not sure yet so its has none at the mo untill i decide what to do

there looks to be 22 F***JAA's and about 8 other F reg calibre's, corey if you want to pm you name/address etc I'll update the details for F603JAA  :)

cool im glad theres a few still going with that similar reg, can u tell me any details on its past?

• 3 weeks later...
  • CLUB ADMIN

Things kind of... fell apart for them I think. And thats putting it politely.

In about 2002 I began trying to talk to them about diversifying to include other MK2's to try to keep numbers strong, or at least to let me help them find calibres for them.

They wernt really that interested (didnt reply), and perhaps as a result the cars they put on show in 2002 were apart from a couple - completely rotten, arches hanging out etc..etc.. The club appeared to be sinking on the basis of the dwindling number of calibres, and the condition of the reminaing ones (their cars were always tidy though apart from a hanging work in progress they took to the first ever PVS show!)

Still I tried to help but they kinda started to blank me when they found out I ran a website for the mk2cav, it was after billing 2002 I decided Id try to work along side he convertible club and the calibre register to build numbers, and gain entry to the vboa.

i wont say which two clubs originally tried to block our successful entry to the vboa, however I will say that mandy sanderson was the club secretary for the vboa at the time.

With all the club politics of the time, they really didnt care about al mk2's and were determined to belive the calibre was something greater than the sum of its parts (which may be) but that other mk2s were not. The Calibre is a fantastic mk2 variant, of which there were more than any other car of its time, but saying a london special (like the Astra GTE Champion) was not an Astra , or wasnt a Cavalier meant the club would evolve or die as numbers dried up.

Unfortunately it did the latter. However, in 02 from the ashes a small group of people created http://www.clubirmscher.wanadoo.co.uk/ from the ashes allowing modified vauxhalls with irmscher bits in. We actuallly talk to these chaps now and things are all a lot more friendly between us the convertible club and we certainly get on very well with the VBOA, and to my knowledge we have the only up to date (soon to be online) Calibre & Cavalier mk2 database...

If your looking for a particular car, pm john (has pic of mk2 engine in his avatar) he kindly keeps the database up to date for us.

Hope this helps, and gives you a bit of history of the situation!

Guest zero-defects

there looks to be 22 F***JAA's and about 8 other F reg calibre's, corey if you want to pm you name/address etc I'll update the details for F603JAA  :)

Mine's E603AYA

Guest zero-defects

With all the club politics of the time, they really didnt care about al mk2's and were determined to belive the calibre was something greater than the sum of its parts (which may be) but that other mk2s were not. The Calibre is a fantastic mk2 variant, of which there were more than any other car of its time, but saying a london special (like the Astra GTE Champion) was not an Astra , or wasnt a Cavalier meant the club would evolve or die as numbers dried up.

Having now owned 4 mk2 Cav varients including PERFECT 1.6L (wish I'd kept that), Nicely Appointed CDi Auto (wish I'd kept that), SRi 1.8 saloon (got it and once the Calibre is right- I'll regret selling that) and for a week a beautiful DOG of a calibre. 

All I can say is when the engine goes it's got bags of Torque (like an SRi 130 - except mine is a bit er HIGH mileage) and if I ever get the electrics sorted (minor issues only) and the sticking calipers (mk3 SRi ones on the way maybe?)  and the Rumbling CV Joint sorted, and standard wheels and tyre size back on, I'll start to enjoy a car which is basically a bitsa with bodykit and rock hard suspension. 

Is car greater than the sum of the parts ?  YES. 

• CLUB ADMIN

Is car greater than the sum of the parts ?  YES. 

Is it a Cavalier or something else though?

If you dont say its a Heavier SRi130 with a bodykit, suspension & interior...

Of course if Irmscher had gone with what tickfod had recomnded for the car it could have been mentally different....

Guest zero-defects

Is it a Cavalier or something else though?

If you dont say its a Heavier SRi130 with a bodykit, suspension & interior...

Of course if Irmscher had gone with what tickfod had recomnded for the car it could have been mentally different....

It's a niche !  A Heavy Sri with Ugly body kit, rock hard suspension and CDi electrics.  I understand that dealers struggled to sell them all.