ANYONE INTERESTED IN RESTORING A 1982 1600 AUTO MK2 CAVALIER

sadloser

Hi All,

I've owned a 1982 (X Reg) MK2 1600 Auto since June 1985. It has continued to run well throughout and has now just 81,000 miles on the clock, which I know to be genuine as this was a company car and I knew the driver to whom it had been allocated. It has just failed its MOT as it needs an estimated £200 of welding to keep it on the road. I cannot justify such expenditure as I am not a Cavalier enthusiast. I would like to see the car pass into the hands of someone who does have a strong affection for the marque and who would therefore be keen to "breathe new life into it" by restoring it.

If anyone is interested in acquiring a new project I'd be pleased to hear from them. As the car was "part of the family" for so many years, I dearly like to see "her" saved from the scrap yard. Sad to be losing it, hence my user name.

Sadloser

• SITE MODERATOR

Location, price and pictures would be good pls.  I'm sure some crazy person on here will be able to help you out 8) ;)

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• SITE MODERATOR

these early cars keep commin up and i still have no space. i now demand someone buys one of my cars. i cant go on much longer without a cav. i can see the light and im walking towards, its all going faint now...

Sorry, only just emailed the E30 details to my cousin.  I'll give you a shout if he is interested.

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

frisco i know im selling it cheap, just fed up with ppl sayin the definatly want the bmw then not turning up, after ive turned others away,  its that straight forward  ;D :P  (time for a ebay mission)  havnt advertised the reno yet as ive not fitted a new alternator.

cheers for lettin your cousin know gregg.

looking forward to seeing some pics of this tho

Text of the VT30 is as follows: "1 Nearside front(floor) subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded. 2 Nearside rear (inner wheel arch Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded. 3 Nearside rear (wheel arch) seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded".

Have attempted to attach a couple of pics to give general state of bodywork but keep getting "cannot access attachments upload path". What am I doing wrong?

Text of the VT30 is as follows: "1 Nearside front(floor) subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded. 2 Nearside rear (inner wheel arch Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded. 3 Nearside rear (wheel arch) seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded".

Have attempted to attach a couple of pics to give general state of bodywork but keep getting "cannot access attachments upload path". What am I doing wrong?

Email them me and I'll post them  :)

As promised .....  ;D

[img width=740 height=555]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss348/MattO-SRi_2009/greenhatch.jpg

[img width=740 height=555]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss348/MattO-SRi_2009/greenhatch2.jpg

[img width=740 height=555]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss348/MattO-SRi_2009/greenhatch3.jpg

If noone takes it on as a project, please let me know  ;)

Your enthusiasm (craziness?) is infectious! Clearly there is hope for the "old girl" yet.

What if I was to get the MOT certificate and tax the car for 6 months? Would that make the likelihood of a white knight appearing on the horizon to rescue the car?

Clearly it would impact on the price, though.

what spec is it? does the lack of pass mirror mean its base spec?

are there any pics of the interior, seats dash.

mot would make it better, have you had a quote for the work, or any idea what you would want for it done?

cheers

ive just had a close look at the photos and it a gl spec giveaways are what looks like chrome rings on the wheels a 4 spoke cd type steering wheel what looks like green dash and velour seats and there is a GL badge on the tailgate so pirate go and grab it  ;D ;D ;D

well i was thinking GL spec and checked couple times he didnt say that, the windows look a bit tinted, the green seats, the wheels etc, but the mirror threw me off

i wanted gls but there isnt anything i cant add myself tbh and no sunroof makes me happy most early ones with sunroofs seem to have rust around them, what clocks will it have? 6 dial or just rev counter?

bmw should be gone this week, reno should be going shortly after which gives me space and money, so if its got mot its a real contender this time, 1600 auto will do me fine for now aswell