VBOA Billing 2013 Signup

Guest GreyDJ

The 31st VBOA Meeting at Billing is the biggest Vauxhall, Bedford and Opel show in the UK, hopefully with a lot less water than last year!

The site is just off the A45 and its address is Billing Aquadrome, Crow Lane, Great Billing, Northampton, NN3 9DA.

Whilst the show dates are Saturday July 13th and Sunday July 14th 2013 we have members who turn up from Thursday and leave on Monday. Members who show a car on our stand will receive a 'Billing 2013' windscreen sticker.

The cost is the same as last year, with a pre-booked VBOA rally rate for non-electric pitches, which applies to the Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night of £15. Extra nights outside those days are £20.This discounted rate is for one vehicle with a maximum of four occupants. Extra vehicles that do not leave the site are £10 for the visit, if they leave they are charged at £10 per day.

Pre-booking also allows entry to the Leisure Centre swimming pool at half price, £2.50 and various special meal prices in the Leisure Centre.

To pre-book call 01604 408181, select option 2 or 01524 781453 and quote the VBOA booking code - VBOA16 Do this BEFORE the 5th July as bookings after that date will be at the full rate. Please keep this booking reference to Club members only.

Those coming for just a day and not staying overnight will be charged £10 per vehicle, with up to 4 occupants, on the gate with no pre-booking.

The existing toilet and shower blocks are to be refurbished plus an extra portable shower unit and toilet unit will be brought in for the Swans Field area. All will be open and serviced 24 hours a day.

The enhanced Billing Security team plus a dedicated VBOA dog handler will provide security and apply an 11.00pm site curfew/excess noise rule. Chinese lanterns are not permitted, as these are a potential fire hazard.

There will be entertainment in the Leisure Centre on Saturday night.

Park management will attend the 9.00am VBOA rep briefing meetings on Saturday and Sunday morning to handle any complaints about facilities etc.

This should be a really good event, so get your names down in a post. Please do not modify the ‘who is coming when’ post. Mods will do that from your posts, just as we do with the ‘who has got what Cavalier’ thread.

Please keep this thread to booking only. Use the other Billing chat thread for chat!!!

As usual this is a formal club event so while everyone is welcome to drop by and join in only members who are paid up at the time of the event can show their cars on the stand.

THIS IS THE 'WHO IS COMING WHEN' POST. (THIS BOOKS YOUR MK2 ONTO THE STAND)

THESE ARE THE HEADINGS WE WILL USE

Please do not cut and post it. Mods will add your name.

Please put your name and which Cav you are bringing.

Friday overnight/Saturday

Saturday overnight/Sunday

kensascona - sr/e

Friday overnight/Saturday overnight/Sunday

OOG - Grey Convertible

Raven - Redtop Hatch

Will B - Redtop Cdi

gm-j-car - gold estate from Germany :)

Dazzy - Champers

Brett - Turbo sri

Anni - Oliver

Frisco - It's greeny I think

Allansri - Redtop hatch

Andy - Orwin

Jonny - Jewish racing Gold 190+ BHP V6

Steffi - Nodes

Keir - cdi

Mikmac 40 (Mike) - Calibre (the shiny red one)

Newbody & Gigsy - Cav

Rosco - Cav

Blitz - white 2 door

vauxal - Calibre

Hammopower Calibre

Wullies - black sri

Friday day only

GreyDJ Grey CDi

Saturday day only

GreyDJ Grey CDi

Damo early Sri saloon

Sunday day only

GreyDJ Grey CDi

Rabbit Blue saloon

Matt O SRi  SRi Hatch

Mk2cav turbo  Cav turbo saloon

Attending with no cav

Richie

Rocket

Tim

MarkYoungIW - with Viva

Rich Skoda Rapid!

• 1 month later...

I was just reading through this thread John and I see it states you have to be a club member to show your car on the club stand. I was wondering why this has to be the case , insurance or something? as over the previous years non members have shown their cars on the stand? I'm a current member and may have a car by then so no big issue but just wondered. :)

• 2 months later...
  • CLUB ADMIN

Agreed. Club can cover the basic cost, and happy to run out and get a few bits and pieces, but I'm running a stag weekend this weekend in the middle of nowhere so I'll be clapped out and looking for a calm(ish) one! So it'd need someone to head it up and make it happen!

Going have to try and remember to book tomorrow, who's going Thursday

as it was trimmed dazzy and its not on the list here  (because it goes from friday ) here are the guys that have said they are going thursday

myself

keir

paul young

toni

richy

maybe brett

paul

Daz

i will send you a message

Don't forget to book before Friday if you want a discounted stay!

my weekend was very cheap ! well most of its free due to last year lol

Are we BBQing saturday night, more importantly will rocket be supplying meat this year ?, hopefully he wont have to sleep in his car with it all this year.

Am on it Richie !!

Hello folks,

I'll arrive on Thursday and am very excited.

Here's some small correction.

I'm coming from the northern part of Germany with my estate (not Holland).  :)

By the way ... I love the Netherlands...

Greetings,

Tom alias GM-J-CAR

P.S. I've got some things for Andy and his new car - as I already promised.

Hi guys and gals, not been around much lately but I'm coming down Friday to Sunday, Cav or no Cav!

Silvia's in for her MOT on Wednesday so wish me luck!

Been so bloody busy, not had chance to do owt on her (or my other projects) so if she fails, I'll be down in my Rapid or whatever company car I have by then!

Well, I'm coming but looks like I'll be Cav-less  :(

Re-test on her today and she still failed on brake balance - suspected master cylinder as it's more powerful on one diagonal circuit than the other.

Might just need bleeding maybe? Dunno but I'll have to pay for another full test now, which I haven't got the spare cash for this month, so bugger it - Rapid Diesel it is!

Well, I'm coming but looks like I'll be Cav-less  :(

Re-test on her today and she still failed on brake balance - suspected master cylinder as it's more powerful on one diagonal circuit than the other.

Might just need bleeding maybe? Dunno but I'll have to pay for another full test now, which I haven't got the spare cash for this month, so bugger it - Rapid Diesel it is!

List updated mate  :)

• 6 months later...