VBOA 2022 Sywell 22/23/24th July Chhttps://www.mk2cav.com/topic/23303-vboa-2022-sywell-222324th-july-chat-thread/at thread

GreyDJ2

• 1 month later...
  • CLUB REP
On 07/02/2022 at 10:37, MikMac40 said:

Was looking to buy tickets today and noticed that the club is listed as 'MK2 Cavalier Owners Network'.

John, do you need a word with VBOA to sort out the correct details?

Thanks, MK2 Cavalier Owners Network is our official name and we also use it in the title of our Facebook group.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • CLUB REP

Thread cleaned up.

The 'are you coming' thread is now live.

It would help the Club if you to get signed up soon, it helps us maintain the size of our stand.

Bear in mind that whilst you will be able to pay on the day it will be cheaper to do it in advance and we will know to keep a space for you in case it gets busy..

This year the Club has made a contribution to make sure that there is all day access to the bar/cafe in the large hanger at the end of the site. It also provides a refuge in case it rains.

There will also be live entertainment in there both Friday and Saturday nights.

Don't forget that the show is an ideal opportunity to deliver parts to other members, especially important now that delivery charges are so high on large parts.

• CLUB REP

Hi all, exciting Club news,

It struck me following the closing of the Cavalier and Chevette Club that we are now the only VBOA Club that is dedicated to FWD Cavaliers and we limit ourselves to Mk2s, leaving Mk3 Cavalier owners with no obvious place to show their cars. Combine that with the current financial climate and it could make sense to widen our membership.

So, to 'test the water' we have asked the largest Cavalier Facebook group Vauxhall Cavalier Owners Network if they would like to promote joining us on our stand this year as a place to get their virtual members together and they have accepted. We have no idea what the response will be but this could be a really interesting step forward in protecting our Club into the future.

We will implement this in the short term by giving Mk3 owners 6 months memberships and you will see a thread appear here soon telling them what they need to do. We will limit the numbers. After the show we will see how it went and decide what to do.

Please make comments but bear in mind that the might be read by incoming Mk3 owners so if you have strong views message them to Andy rather than put them here.

• Like 1

Sounds an interesting idea John,  anything which will keep clubs in business so to speak has to be considered,  hopefully the additional footfall will bring some much needed traffic to the site, and maybe a bit of a revival.  I assume its just a case of modifying the forum menu to add in a mk3 section?

• 3 weeks later...
  • CLUB REP
6 h 
So just under 19 days and the gates open!
14 days of pre booking left.
Preparations are almost complete. All the infrastructure is booked.
Our own show equipment has been packed.
Food vendors we have ....
Burger and chips unit.
Gurkha Street foods van (noodles and curries).
A pizza trailer.
Ice cream van.
Also for those with a sweet tooth waffles and milkshake stall.
Also we now have a bouncy castle booked for the kids.
Bands we have booked two fantastic local bands.
Fri - Gunslingers.
Sat - No Angels.
Gymkhana action will be on all three days run by our friends at Blackbird auto club.
Passenger and driver wristbands are still available.
If you don't fancy a go it's always something exciting to watch.
Autojumble and traders stalls are back as usual and there will be things happening in the arena.
It's getting close and I think we are all getting a bit excited now.
  • Like 1

• SITE MODERATOR

John, can we have a clue on how the dates are selected going for this please?  Last year is was 2nd to 4th July.  i know it needs to avoid the british GP, but just so I don't double book myself again

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• CLUB REP

Hi Greg, bit of a black art but mainly, as you say, not the GP weekend but also depends on Sywell availability with us going for as early in July as we can. The decision can't be made until the GP 2023 date is known which I think is in the Autumn.

Can't be more specific than that.

• CLUB REP

I've just posted this across Facebook. Note the pre booking entry discount window will be closing.

VBOA SHOW 22/24th July Sywell, Northampton

It is now only 15 days to the show. More importantly perhaps, it is only 10 days to get the 33% per head entry and camping discounts (each £15 on the gate or £10 as pre booked Mk2Cav Club VBOA members).

If you have a Mk2 or Mk3 Cavalier and want to put it on the only Cavalier only stand at the show please follow the instructions on our site, link below.

At the moment the weather looks as if it is going to be good.

• SITE MODERATOR
On 06/07/2022 at 12:39, GreyDJ2 said:

Hi Greg, bit of a black art but mainly, as you say, not the GP weekend but also depends on Sywell availability with us going for as early in July as we can. The decision can't be made until the GP 2023 date is known which I think is in the Autumn.

Can't be more specific than that.

Ok, thanks John

Current mk2 stock: 4 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, Richies Saabilier & monaro VXR

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV daily (joyous planet saver.....well carbon offset for the ro)

• CLUB REP

IMPORTANT PREBOOKING ENDS AT MIDNIGHT SUNDAY

After that payment, at a higher price, will be on the gate.

As you can see from the list not many have signed in. VBOA are allocating stand space based on prebookings on Sunday so it is important if you are coming only for a day that you get your ticket in advance to increase our stand size.

The weather looks to be the best its been for years. A comfortable 22 with a chance of rain late afternoon on Sunday.

• CLUB REP

There is now a site map.

Just found it by accident on the VBOA site. We are where we were last year with a similar size pitch. Easy to find but a trundle round a one way system.

Note that we have one of the biggest pitches this year.

Map is down this page, we are bottom right. https://vboa.org.uk/inde.../national-rally-2022-information/

• SITE MODERATOR

Enjoy folks, gutted I can't be there