newbe

minimr.man

• CLUB MEMBER

rwd mk2 cav? i say f**kin cool thats something i would like to see at the end of the day i agree with andy as long as the car isn't broken an its saved regardless of whats done with it (apart from banger raced!!!) its another saved another one on the road/at the shows!!!! which i reckon is better than it rotting or being scrapped!!!! btw nice mini. ;D

JimmysSig.png

there is a slight difference between fitting an engine that except from a couple of small details looks identical to the original engine fitting as standard

its a hugh change from original to convert a front wheel drive to rear wheel drive

i am trying to keep my ascona as close to the original factory specification as i possably can im only fitting non original parts as i have to used whatever parts i can get with the limited funds i have available

does the width of the wheelbase need extending for a RWD conversion?

just wondering what changes to the bodywork there would need to be apart from the floorplan?

it would still look like a cav wouldnt it?

thats what i thought, so other than he has the only cav that would be powersliding it would still look like a 'normal' cav no massive stuck on wide arches etc.

not like turning this

tn_xlarge_5TURBO2.jpg

into this

main.jpg

(that didnt really happen just an example, had to find a bad one as i like the normal gandolfini ones)

Jesus that is nasty!

No if i did do it it would look 100% original on the outside, and as standard on the inside as pos. I was thinking find a stuffed monaro, take the engine and various bits n bobs n then get fabricating! lol

Has any one ever had the OE SR wheels cut and made into split rims before?

How much would you say?

Put it this way, i could sell the seats to a friend with a mini for £150, sell the engine for £50-100, wheels £50-100 and the scrap man would give me around £50 for the rest of it.

It has to be worth more complete?

At the end of the day i think it deserves to be sorted out, so who ever wants to this and pays a reasonable price will get the car.

Restore? RWD? Break? Sell?

Either way you need to decide which. Then advertise appropriately.

This is not the first time we have seen speculation and will not be the last.

Personally I would rather you did what you deemed suitable to you and left it at that.

The way i see it you have 3 choices.

1. Keep it join the club and gain from the benefit of our friendly helpful members.

2. If you realy want it to be preserved but by someone else then name your price and let someone here fix it and show it.

3 If you want to make a fast buck stick it in adtader or ebay.

Id like to see it in the club, either under your ownership or one of the other members.

Cheers

John