newbe

minimr.man

Hi, I am new here!

I have a 1982 1600 SR. my family have owned it from new and it has only done 68k.

It has been stood for a couple of years now and i dont know what to do with it now?

I dont no weather to get it running right do the usual rear arches n other little bits, and use it for shows and stuff or to just sell it on as is?

What do you all recon?

22222.jpg

sonym20072222.jpg

Hi, i am Andy aka minimrman and this is my car, i have got my girlfriend to register on the site, as my accounty thing will not let me log in again? anyone know what is going on?

My email is, andy_p85@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Glad you all seem to like it btw!

Would love to restor it or see i to someone who can and will.

Thanks for that! I work now, kool.

How much are SRs goin for now anyway nowadays?

All depends on condition, MOT tax etc...........

I went to see one recently in "average" condition with no MOT or tax and he wanted £350 minimum.I was going to pay it out of basically wanting an SR and with a view to keeping the car long term.Luckily I was messed around by the seller and I didnt end up buying it.After much thought and advice from others I realised the car wasnt worth that much at all even if it is an SR.

As a VERY rough guide (and I dont mean to offend) if the car has been standing for a number of years (outside) and has no MOT or tax but I understand yours has full service history and 1 owner from new, its going to be worth "as is" around the £200/250 ish mark depending on the condition of the bodywork.

My advice would be restore it, MOT it yourself and use it or get it MOT'd before selling.

Feel free to put the pics up, i cant remember where i saved them.

I dont realy mind how much anyone is wanting to pay for it as long as it gets sorted, i think it is to nice to let it rot on my drive! With a little work could be a nice show car. the interior in particular is in exellent condition.

Its just i have to many projects on the go and need the room.  So if anyone has a trailer make me an offer...?

Please please please don't do that to her such a rare model deserves to be kept original the boss of the company i used to work for owns a mint 1961 Chevrolet corvette convertable and  i was gobsmacked when he took an industrial size angle grinder to it just so he could fit an independent suspension rear axle to it

It completely ruined what was a beautiful car sell it to matt orm he will cherish it and will give it a loving home

• CLUB ADMIN

Or alternatively i might get the grinder out and do somthing serious.

Has anyone ever converted a mk2 to rear wheel drive?

Plenty of people talked about it, none have done it! Id you kept the standard looks could be quite special. Another one saved is another one saved. Regardless of its workings underneath I rekon. Then again, don't do it if it's not going to get to the same condition as your mini!  ;D

Plenty of people talked about it, none have done it! Id you kept the standard looks could be quite special. Another one saved is another one saved. Regardless of its workings underneath I rekon. Then again, don't do it if it's not going to get to the same condition as your mini!  ;D

I was in a traffic jam next to an immaculate Ascona B (Cav mk1 with different front) 4 door saloon, and thought how similar the mk2 cav and ascona C body shell is. 

I could always brake it, might get more that way! lol

Its worth almost nothing broken.

Id love to see a RWD conversion done. Ive sat looking at it a few times. Wouldn't be immensely difficult, easier if you space framed the rear as it looks like you've done on the mini (which is pretty sweet i have to say)

What would Gordon do?