[EVENT] Potential 2010/11 Rolling Road

andy

• CLUB ADMIN

[img width=740 height=179]http://www.mk2cav.com/body/main/events/2008events/Rolling08_1024/Rolling08_147.jpg

I've been speaking with Tim and we were both thinking it's about time for our bi-annual rolling road meet. SO:

I am unsure when it will be as yet, but I do know that it will probably be at Jamsport, or Northampton motorsport - but both are in relitavely close proximity to each other.

So put your name down if you are 80% likely to be able to make a session this year potentially after Billing to keep things interesting event wise. Non-members will need to be members at the time of the run to get the discount (think of it as free membership!) but there is nothing wrong with turning up as a non member to run your Cavalier.

Remember it's a health check for standard cars too. This is just a heads up at this point.

I'm expecting (hoping) for a complete range completely different cavs!!  For example; At least one CDi...... Matt, Katherine!  ;)

Here is a link to the 2008 event... it was epic! Most MK2's we ever had in one place, and in one convoy!  ;D

This is a link to the expected / anticipated and actual power figures on that day 2 years ago.

Andy - The Peril

Tim - SRi130

Matt O - CDi Copper (100% )

Paul - SRi

vrs03 - Sri-auto

Brett - Loves it when a plan comes together

neilsri130 - 130 saloon

Magpie -  Saloon

Jonny - Middle earth's England's finest SRi V6

Dazzy130 - SRi200+ 4x4(ish)

keir (in steffis cdi)

steffi (in nodes)

Roger -some rust

I am prepared to give it a go than (so its a yes for 130 saloon with engine mods ) only hope i dont gas everyone out,however if i have a new  job by then i will have a completely upgraded bottom end done. But it will be interesting to see what it makes now as its been a couple of years since it was done but must admit it was slightly smokey than but they did go to max revs.

• CLUB ADMIN

Assuming mines built, which is the plan, I would be there.

However I wont put myself on this list as plan's go wrong!!

If mine is going to make it yours can, in some shape or form. We need a SW contingent ;) Even better if they are mythical creatures, or urban legend  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Andy - The Peril

Tim - SRi130

Paul - SRi

vrs03 - Sri-auto

neilsri130 - 130 saloon

Damo - Commander/SR

Magpie - Silver Saloon

Chris M - brick mobile  

Jonny - Middle earth's England's finest 2.5 SRi

Dazzy130 - SRi130

keir (in steffis cdi)

steffi (in nodes)

Roger - Some rust

Abo - Bonky old Bomber (maybe)

Providing quality care for elderly Vauxhalls in retirement

timbanner.jpg

Hi Guys

I'm getting the impression this event is going to be early May, but just checking?

I'm waiting for quotes to work on my car to know whether its worth fixing or not, but would love to come to my first 'event' ever if he is. If its early May, I doubt he'll be done if he is fixable.

But, if sadly he isn't, I'm going to go out and look for another Cav, just like you would look for a pup after you lose your dog. I've suddenly realized I really can't go on without a Cav of some sort in my life again!

Anyway, if this event is too early, will there be others later in the year, whatever car I end up with?

Dawn

Great news! I'm hoping if he is  fixable, he'll be done by then, and if he isn't I'll have another Cav. It's a bit harder for me if I have to look for a new one, as I only drive autos, but we'll see!

If I don't have an actual Cavalier by then, can 'none-owners' still come to the meet for the day to see the other cars and meet everyone?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • CLUB ADMIN

Updated. Knowing how some of our members change their MK2's faster than the weather can we try to keep this as up to date as possible. If you want a car changing on the list I'm happy to do so jsut post or PM and I'll update.

As a treat to get you thinking about it (it could well be our first even of next year at this rate given peoples finances) I finally split the 2008 session into two parts and uploaded to you tube.

We have a whole new cohort of fresh visitors to the site and with the brand new site coming soon this seems an ideal opportunity to find out what she is running. So get posting on this thread or expect hassle on your project threads from me about bringing something!  ;D

I'll add these vids to the top post in due course.

Members and non-members welcome. We do want an all Cavalier line up though, as the last event we managed a convoy of over 20 cavaliers to the pub for the meal afterwards. It was EPIC!  ;D ;D

Andy - The Peril

Tim - SRi130

Paul - SRi

vrs03 - Sri-auto

neilsri130 - 130 saloon

Damo - Commander/SR

Magpie - Silver Saloon

Chris M - brick mobile  

Jonny - Middle earth's England's finest 2.5 SRi

Dazzy130 - SRi130