[EVENT] Billing 2010 details/signup

Billing July 2010

UPDATE 2nd JULY

The following RED changes (mainly new booking deadline) have been made due to a VBOA update.

You only need a VBOA 2010 sticker if you want to put it on your windscreen as a 'Trophy' or perhaps to show you qualify to pay the reduced VBOA overnight rate on the gate (this latter is new, see below). If you are pre-booking, a VBOA sticker will be with the ticket you pick up on the gate. If you want a sticker before you go to Billing you HAVE to PM me your address so I can post it to you. Otherwise there will be a limited quantity available to pick up fron the committee there.

We are on the same pitch as last year.

Overnight stays have to be booked direct with Billing (by telephone not via the website)

before THURSDAY the 8th JULY.

To book call 01604 408181 and select option 2. Ensure at the beginning of the conversation you quote our reservation discount code - VBOA10 They require you to pay on booking a card is needed. Please note there is optional cancellation insurance at £10 per booking and a 2% fee for Credit Card payments.

Email booking confirmation is now working. You will have to take your booking reference with you to get the pre booked tickets and VBOA sticker on the gates (not the 'cabin') when you arrive.

Due to the large number of issues that have arisen with other Clubs, Billing have agreed that they will accept payment for overnight stays on the gate like last year. It is probable you will need the VBOA pass to get the reduced rate. The VBOA strongly recommend that you pay in advance if you can.

These are the per night per car (4 adults) prices.

8th Thursday - £20 - Normal Rate

9th Friday - £15 – Discounted (normal £25)

10th Saturday - £15 – Discounted (normal £25)

11th Sunday - £20 - Normal Rate (note that you have to leave by 10.00am Monday)

The day rate remains £10 and is paid on arrival.

Overnight charge is for 1 tent. Extra people (over the 2 adults 2 children per car) costs £5 per adult £2.50 per child.

There is no extra charge to be on our pitch.

The sticker indicates to the stewards and Billing security that the holder is entitled to be on one of the designated VBOA fields. In addition to Billing security there will now be an additional two VBOA recruited security guards and a dog onsite to assist with any issues.

We will need to manage entry onto our pitch.

Permanent sites & fixed vans have all been sold to one travel agent and are being marketed as Grand Prix weekend vans. Hotels nearby will be booked up for the same reason.

Facilities have been upgraded to include an all new fun fair and leisure centre (swimming pool/flumes etc) in addition to many other improved facilities (inc restaurant). Booking is necessary if visitors wish to use the leisure centre and can be pre-booked with the camping as follows:

3 day family (2 adults + 2 children) pass £30, 1 day family pass £10

Adult single session £5, Child single session £3

So, bring your Speedos  :o  On second thoughts, anything but speedos  ;D

Please cut/paste your name to the list below (extracted from the other thread).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CLUB ADMIN

billingmap2010.jpg

ALL WEEKEND (Friday eve/sat morning till Sunday)

With Cavs:

Andy - Ascii

Ken - Ascona

steffi - nodes

keir - steffis cdi

Jonny - Gold V6

newbody + gigsy                       

hammopower - convertible 16v             

vauxal - calibre                                 

Tim - 130

gm-j-car - GL Estate

Welsh Paul - SRi

Dazzy - Champers

Frisco- Greeny

Brett - Blue Auto

Wullies - black 130

teazer danielle & andy  - 82SR

Rocket - Tired Calibre

Lambo - Sri

TheRich - SRI-LET Saloon

Rosco -  Huh

stuffs1409 (steve) - Convertible

Without a Cav or unknown:

Chris M 

Richie - No Cav

Rich - Possibly a Cav???  (uhuh, course you will have!  )

Paul Young - TBA

Deano - Hopefully GL saloon

Kevin F

ONE DAY ONLY (Sat OR Sun)

GreyDJ - CD

Rabbit - Ascona GT

Matt O-  red SRi

Dawn - Hatch (Depending/ if ready)

vrs03 - sri

TerenceH - CD

Convoys:

Thursday: M5 north to Bristol, M4 to Chievley Services + North to Billing

Keir, Steffi, Paul Y, Welsh Paul

Friday: Leigh Delamare M4 (meeting those from South coast at) > Chievley Services  + North to Billing

Andy, Tim, Jonny, Dave, Lambo

Saturday:

Matt O? Rabbit?

Sunday:

Come on people lets get these numbers up! If you have just registered on the site, of have been lurking for some time now, seriously consider this event!

Whilst we are going a little more low key this year due to peoples  going for club atmosphere rather than bells and whistles - we are saving them for another year.

This year is bums on seats chillout and all about the cars and their owners. Or should that be cav owners in tents!?

We will start convoy threads closer to the event - this is one of the best parts of being in the club. We do convoys good!  ;D  ;D

I'll ask about where we receive the passes - in the hut or in the offices, either way it pays to book in advance to save admin and hassle loosing passes in the post.

I asked that Andy and it is at the gates.

A couple at the VBOA meeting today said that they had been to Billing last weekend for another show and were very impressed at the upgrading of the site.

The calibre of the staff on the gates had improved, the fairground had a new operator, new security contractors and it looked as if efforts were being made to de-chav the place (hopefully the later will go to PVS rather than Billing).

They liked the swimming complex too!

• CLUB ADMIN

Hi, you need to join the club to show on the stand. Contact Tim, he's the main man for membership. £15 for the year and it gets you access to the whole site, plus discounts from certain places..Money very well spent anyway!

Chris is right, but by contact he means send your details to Tim after you have paid. I think his sig should point to the join the club page!

Here is the link to that page.. Join the Club!

Everything you need is on that page.

The reason you need to be a member is to be covered by the clubs limited liability insurance which we need to send a copy of each year to the VBOA to proove!

The only other thing we ask is the cars are clean and presentable!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Right have booked to come down to billing with my caravan and the wife/kids as well so they can get to meet you bunch of misfits. what do i need now in terms off a pass or the like to get onto the vboa meeting as i assume that the touring pitches wont be on the same part of the site or am i wrong??? and dont worry, i wont be bringing my speedo's! ;D

Right have booked to come down to billing with my caravan and the wife/kids as well so they can get to meet you bunch of misfits. what do i need now in terms off a pass or the like to get onto the vboa meeting as i assume that the touring pitches wont be on the same part of the site or am i wrong??? and dont worry, i wont be bringing my speedo's! ;D

When you get there you give them your confirmation number and they will give you your entry ticket and VBOA pass (sticker). I am not sure where you park but it is possible to do so right next to our stand with the tents but it might mean you have to produce lots of tea if its chilly  :D You will have to confirm this with Andy.

Dont think i'll be allowed on the club stand to be honest, they are being very specific s to pitch size and we have had to book a 30 -35ft pitch for a 26ft caravan, we did try to blag a 25ft pitch which is much cheaper but the answer was a definate NO!! will be arriving sometime friday evening as i am on a technical training day in leeds on the friday...