[EVENT] "30+ for 30" Big Cav BIRTHDAY Bash - VBOA Billing 2011!

andy

• CLUB ADMIN

This first post is the administration post and is now up to dated as more details are available and plans are underway. Tell the Club you are coming and we will add you to the second post.

The important part is trying to get EVERYONE to stay over at least the Saturday night and to get OVER 30 members cars on the stand for Saturday / Sunday!

Now here is hoping for some good weather!

VBOA National Rally, Billing - 02 & 03 July 2011

Please read the booking procedure carefully!

Booking deadline is 27th June

For those camping on site the VBOA event is defined as Friday night (July 1st), Saturday night and Sunday up to the close of the show. Extra nights before and after these dates are at normal park camping rates.

Members who pre book will enjoy a discounted rally rate of £15 per vehicle per night for non electric pitches for the event dates as defined above. Therefore pre booked participation on the event dates will cost £30. They will also receive further benefits as described below.

There is no minimum night booking period. Members can pre-book for 1 night and get the rally rate. All pitches are for one vehicle and a maximum of four people.

Pre-book electric hook ups will be charged at an extra £6 per night but please note that very few of these are available on the designated show fields.

For non-pre booked camping arrivals or for camping on days before and after the event as defined above, the normal park camping rate of £20 per vehicle per 24 hour period for non electric pitches and £26 with electric hook-up will apply.

Extra vehicles will be charged at a flat £10 for the duration of the event as described above.

Day visitors will be charged the standard £10 per day per vehicle and up to four people and do not have to pre book.

Billing will give VBOA club members a 20% discount on any static holiday home bookings for the event - a 7 night minimum booking applies.

Pre Book Benefits

Pre booked attendees will be directed to two dedicated “fast track” entry lanes and pick up their passes and VBOA stickers at the gate houses.

The “welcome pack” will include a park map with the VBOA Club stand locations and an invitation to a Friday night VBOA welcome event in the leisure centre and lakeside restaurant facility with drinks voucher and the offer of a £5 meal deal.

Those pre booking leisure passes for the new leisure complex will also enjoy a 50% discount - swimming will only be £2.50 per person and not the usual £5 per visit.

IMPORTANT - Pre Book Process

Call 01604 408181 and select option 3 for the visitor centre and quote the VBOA booking code VBOA11. All pitches must be pre-booked by 27th June.

This is important! This code is for use by you as a Mk2Cav member, it is not to be handed out to anyone without our prior permission. Anyone who has been found to dish this code out to a non VBOA member will be immediately ejected from the club with no warnings or notification.

Other Information

A new toilet and shower block is under construction which may be available by the time of our visit. In addition, two extra portable units will be brought in to supplement the current facilities for our event. All will be open and serviced 24 hours.

Entertainment will be available in the leisure venue on Saturday night.

24 hour security will be provided by the enhanced Billing on site team plus a dedicated VBOA dog handler.

Park management will attend the 9.00am VBOA rep briefing meetings on Saturday and Sunday morning to handle any complaints about facilities etc.

Billing will provide the following star prizes for the VBOA draw:

• 2 static weekly holidays

• 2 touring holidays - weekly pitches.

The who is coming list is now in the next post.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's for one last BIG show of solidarity?!

This isn't signing your life away at this point, just gauging numbers!

A consistent 30 something would be fantastic. But I think there should be some sort of reward if we cracked 40. If we hit 40 it will set a record that I doubt will ever be beaten with the most in one place at one time, excluding only the factory itself! (Not even scrap yards can match this figure!)  ;)

If there was ever a meet to attend for sheer numbers, let's make it this one!

Please add a post saying if you are coming. DO NOT cut and paste changes into our master list. Just put the change in a post and we will add it to the list.

Please include the Cavalier's first registered date or send it by PM to Andy. If you have listed two cars and only one driver before it's now listed one the one line +1. Add a confirmed driver (a la steffi / keir / newbody / mrs newbody) then it counts as a second Cavalier!

Please note that everyone who wants to show with us has to be a club member at the time of the show so will have to follow the subscription procedure on the site beforehand. We will not be taking cash payments at the show.

SATURDAY and SUNDAY (staying Saturday night - on or off site)

1) Andy - 18-02-82 (Ascii +1)

2) Jonny V6

3) Dazzy Brown machine - 08/08/1987

4) Matt O -  SRi Hatch 29/08/84

5) Paul - Estate 01/08/1988

6)

7) Mike - Calibre 17 / 06 / 88

8 ) Tim - Red one 6/10/87

9) Steffi - nodes

10) Steffi's - cdi driven by keir

11) andy - rusty cdi lol

12) Davedave - Goldie (hearing aid +1)

13) Frisco - Margey baby

14) Ken - Opel Ascona - 01/09/86

15) Ken - Gold Opel -  31/01/83

16) Gigsy - LX - 02/08/1988

17) Tim "Newbody" Westwood - Gold estate - 17/04/1988

18) Rosco - blue hatch - 16 05 1988

19) Stuart Wilding- Cabby 01/08/1986

20) Dawn - '82 GLS - 01/03/1982

21) Brett - SRi Turbo - 14/06/1987

22) allansri - Black Saloon SRi auto - 07/03/1986

23) Blitz in the 2 door 21 04 1982

24) Rocket - mobile butchers van 5/5/88

25) hammopower -  Calibre 16/6/88

26) vauxal  - Calibre 03/02/88

27) Vrs03-sri- 21/2/84

28) Lambo (andy) blue 88 sri hatch - 17/05/88

29) gm-j-car (Tom) - Estate

30) Wullies - sri

31) Benz (Darren) - SR1.6

32) Gonzo34 - 1985 1.6L

33) Anni - Gold 1300L - 19/08/82

34) Rich - 86 Silver GLSi Saloon - 21-10-1986

35) GreyDJ - CDi and Gazebo (Fri/Sat/Sun staying off site (at home!)

36) Stuffs1409 - Cabbie

37) Abo - Sri Saloon 18/02/1985

38) Chris M - Blue Peter

SATURDAY ONLY

SUNDAY ONLY

Terence - White CD 03/08/1983

Rabbit - in a Mk2

Calibre130 - ?

GAZ 3317 - Black turbo Cabriolet

There but not in a Mk2

Richie - Fri/Sat/Sun

Ralph - Fri/Sat/Sun (Lotus Carlton  :D )

Neilsri130 - Fri/Sat/Sun

Ian - Sat

Leslie4088 - Sun

No Longer coming

Kevinf - LXi  8/7/1988 UNABLE TO COME

What would Gordon do?

• CLUB ADMIN

Make that 27!!!  :o :o :o Claire has agreed to drive  the cabby down if i get it up and running in time, as long as i do some jobs on the house and she can stay in a static caravan / or travelodge type place.....NO TENT! I think she has agreed on the basis that it unlikely any of these conditions will be met, but i'm willing to give it my best shot :D

We will keep you pinned with the one till a bit closer, im in the same boat with the ascona and yellow one, id love to do both, but looking at garuantees where poss, so think that one is concrete now for you - nearer the time we can update! ;D

• 1 month later...

But, are there places to stay and can anyone tell me if you need to book a ticket/place etc to attend with your car?

Please excuse the questions but I have never been before.

PS) I totally don't do camping  :o

As Richie says,Billing is ALL about the camping,but if youy don't camp,there's a Premier inn just outside Billing,and there are one or two a few miles away,as well as various other Hotels,like the Ibis in Wellingborough about 8 miles up the road,can highly recommend this one,as the club have had many a good time staying there in the past. Booking shouldn't be a big problem this year either,as Billing isn't clashing with the British Grand Prix,as it has in previous years,which made booking a hotel room an absolute nightmare! Hope this helps hun :)

OKay, so just reading through the update and I've already booked a static because I was worried about a pet friendly van - so how do I get my welcome pack thingee and fast track entry etc? Do I just ring Billing and explain? I won't get the discount anyway as I'm only staying until Monday, but the welcome pack and map might all be helpful as it's my first event....

Me i come too  :D

all weekend atleast i might book longer.

anyone traveling from hants wants a convoy?

its my 30th end of may too and hogs 27th on 03rd may.

gunna try book  a dog friendly caravan hes a nightmare camping lol

whats the total now?

Hi Anni

This is what is supposed to be on site:

* Aqua Flume & Splash Park                                             

* Restaurants, Cafe's & Bars

* Funfair & Adrenaline Pursuits

* Fishing, Walking & Nature

* Crazy Golf, Karting & Climbing Walls

* Miniature Train & Shops

* Health, Beauty & Holistic Centres

* Outdoor & Indoor Play Areas

* Amusement Arcades

* Marina & Moorings

I've not been yet, so don't know if it's all it's cracked up to be, but the phots of the caravans look ok. I've PM'd you a link. :)

On another note, been talking to my bro yesterday and he is waiting for Ethel's next MOT before he commits to joining and bringing her along, which is in about 4 weeks. He has been doing odd jobs to her already, so fingers crossed.

All being well, he's going to share the static van with me and mum, though. :) I will post as soon as I know how the old girl gets on!

Thanks everyone!

I think I've found somewhere to try and stay - if not then it'll be one of the statics.

Is it alright for me to come up July 1st and leave Sunday evening? (Sunday 3rd)

Do I fit the whole event in then?

If so then, MOT pass pending, I will be there with UDL 849Y!  ;D

Thread now cleaned up.

If you are coming please check if you are listed correctly, if so do nothing (apart from adding a post with the first reg date if it is not on the list).

The list also now shows the days. The main list is only for those planning to be at Billing on Saturday and Sunday as a minimum (Friday night optional). If you have changed your mind please post a change note.

• 3 weeks later...

Do I need to make one of those spec sheets for this event as I don't have one at all? If so, do I use last year's template, or is there a new one for the car's 30th?

Dawn :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Right,holidays have been sorted out,finally! So can someone put my name down again for fri/sat/sun,better put my name down in the no cav section as i don't think she'll be run in by then tbh,still,at least i can still make it hey  :) 8)

DONE

Right,holidays have been sorted out,finally! So can someone put my name down again for fri/sat/sun,better put my name down in the no cav section as i don't think she'll be run in by then tbh,still,at least i can still make it hey  :) 8)

A nice steady drive to billing is what it needs abo.