[EVENT] "30+ for 30" Big Cav BIRTHDAY Bash - VBOA Billing 2011!

andy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I booked the static all I got was a letter with a confirmation number on. No information, nothing and it said I wouldn't receive anything else, either. When I rang and paid the outstanding balance a few weeks ago, I didn't get any kind of receipt etc, so will just take the first letter along and hope that's all I need! If you haven't a number, and call them and make sure they have you down, though.   

i did get a short number but i'm guessing it's just for the payment, if its like last year just go through one of the prebooked lanes and you give them your name(or the name it was booked in) and you should be down on a list and they give you your welcome pack and pass ;)

i did get a short number but i'm guessing it's just for the payment, if its like last year just go through one of the prebooked lanes and you give them your name(or the name it was booked in) and you should be down on a list and they give you your welcome pack and pass ;)

When I paid my balance I asked them about the whole prebooked lanes and passes and they didn't have a clue! They just said turn up with the res number at a gate house? Hope I still get a pass and welcome pack as I have no clue what I'm doing, and tbh I don't think the woman I spoke to did, either!

Hello mates,

I just have made all my bookings for Britain.

Arrival at Billing will be on Thursday, June 30th (coming from Brugge via Dover)

Departure from Billing will be on Monday; July 4th

After Billing I also hope to have a nice time at Southend-on-Sea.

The golden estate is ready for Billing and looks really nice.

Cheers, Tom

Hello Jonny!

Yesterday my car had its premiere after 7 months of being repaired.

I attended a car show at Bockhorn (northern Germany, nearby Bremen).

Allthough the estate is only 27 years old I was allowed to join the show.

Normally only cars being 30 years or older were allowed to join.

There are still some parts to be fixed (interior only - not too much to do) and some other things have to be checked.

The window on drivers side doesn't work, it falls out of the guidance (is guidance the right word?)

The electric rear window n/s doesn't work. It worked fine until start of repair. I already checked on the plug, the fuse, but don't know the reason. Maybe it's the electric motor itself.

I asked my garage to bore the needed holes for additional foglights (I kept the lights from my departed Ascona). I was wondering when I discovered that the holes on the nearside had been made wrong. So, this has to be made once more.

The switch for interior light at the tailgate is corroded. It cracked up. I am looking for a new one - maybe someone can help me.

I think these are only small problems that can be solved until Billing 2011.

Hopefully I don't forget my tent poles this year ;D

This nice and very Enlish camping chair will be with me too, of course!!!

Have a nice evening.

Cheers, Tom

• 2 weeks later...

what are we doing about spec sheets this year mines looking a bit jaded  :-[

Yeh, I was goin to ask about that, since this will be my first year since 2003 with a Cav!

• CLUB ADMIN

Me too, as I've never done a spec sheet before...

I think I'll print some blank's off for people to put on their dashboards and fill in on the day, and upload a template to the site for those wanting to be a little more creative, add pics etc.

In future we will be doing more, but I have plans for a special video to commemorate, well that, and just giving the best shot possible to get the yellow one there. I think we will know in a weeks time whether that will happen or not though.

I don't mind having a bash with a template for Hoggy and my bro's Ethel. You really don't want me writing one out on the day. My handwriting is terrible ha! ;)

I think I'll print some blank's off for people to put on their dashboards and fill in on the day, and upload a template to the site for those wanting to be a little more creative, add pics etc.

In future we will be doing more, but I have plans for a special video to commemorate, well that, and just giving the best shot possible to get the yellow one there. I think we will know in a weeks time whether that will happen or not though.

The trailer is here if you need it no excuses :P

Sorry folks but we have asked Newbody not to bring the bouncy castle. Our insurance wont cover it without it costing us an arm and a leg and if we have it without insurance the club is wide open if something were to happen.

Hate to be a spoilsport but its beyond our control :(

What would Gordon do?

Anybody else having trouble booking? Have been put through to the wrong dept TWICE now,and then the third time,it sounded like i'd been put through to someone's home phone,she hadn't a clue what i was on about,what a sodding joke!  :( :( :(